Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

@awaiz_26: You shouldn't so worry because I hear my friends who are studying at China, they told me: the university is selection priority  including:

- Documents
- Applicants for doctoral degree
-   Personal statement, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal...

If your documents good better you will be selected

nptaidhdt - it's true that applicants of doctoral degrees are prioritized by the universities, but it's one thing to not obtain a pre-admissions because you didn't apply for it, and another thing to actually ask the school for pre-admissions and them not actually granting it to you. So just because someone is applying for doctorate, it doesn't mean they have nothing to worry about. There are so many other things that have to be factored in, especially with limited spots and so many applicants out there already aware about the importance of the pre-admissions notice, and those who aren't, probably have award letters from their embassies. Then there are applicants who have already started communicating with their professors before the applications opened so they gained favour, and then there are also many applicants currently living in China and they get to talk to professors and staff of the universities directly so they have the advantage of persuasion.

I honestly believe that if you applied with an award letter from the embassy, you have nothing to worry about.

If you applied with a pre-admissions into a masters or doctorate and your documents are complete and they were sent to CSC by a dispatching authority, e.g. embassy or university, then you have nothing to worry about.

For those who have applied directly to the universities with no pre-admissions, no award letter and no solid recommendation, I believe you fall at the bottom of the list and you will only get it if a university has actually forwarded your application to CSC (i.e. the university has recommended you, and probably forgot to inform you about it).

There are cases where the uni's application quota isn't filled, so they recommend everyone who has applied. If you have applied to one of these not-so-famous universities then count yourselves lucky. But if you have applied directly to Tsinghua, Beijing Uni, Fudan, Zhejiang and the likes of these without a pre-admissions or a recommendation or impressive academic records, what are the chances?

@nptaidhdt if hsk doesn't matter then why most of the universities ask to send the hanban certificate? I applied the Universities according to my hsk level. I know there is some university needs hsk 7 and higher to study in their university. 

@justforget are you going to study in Chinese or English? If you are going to study in Chinese and your hsk lvl is only 4 then you would have to study Chinese at the University until your hsk is high enough. Did you apply for 1 year of language in addition to your other studies? I got my pre-admission letter from Peking university without sending a hsk score document, But I applied for one year language study followed by my masters. Hope that helps.

@nptaidhdt As I found the Universities which award the international student with HSK has duration of 2 to 2 and 1/2 yrs....so I did not apply for many yrs as that means jumping from their boundary....If I need to study Chinese Language then I will apply for Confucius Scholarship which is 100% sure if Chinese teacher of the respective country recommends the students...

@ just forget i think its a matter of acceptance letter from professors from zhejiang if you have directly applied.if you aren't recommended from embassy acceptance letter is very important otherwise zhejiang university least likely to accept the individual document directly.i am just waiting for the result from university if it published my name.i have one friend in zhejiang doing phd....he said the name list will be disclose around last of june.....i am waiting for the result...

justforget - for CSC scholarship, it really depends on the university requirements for the course you want to take. For example the course I applied to this year requires HSK5. Many schools will ask for only HSK3 or 4 but it does seem to be an increasingly important requirement. However, CSC only finances the scholarship. Many universities don't even require HSK for masters and PhD. So it is only important if it is a requirement of the course you want.

By the way, HSK7 no longer exists. The highest level for the new HSK is level 6 (5000 words). Will it impress the universities? Yes. But 5000 words isn't even enough for university-level. I know about 3000+ HSK words and I still have a hard time reading books that a 10 year old Chinese should be able to read. So 5000 words should be good enough for a 12 year old Chinese child, a university student knows a lot more than that.

I got the CSC scholarship twice before. Both times, I didn't have an HSK certificate. I'm moreorless an average student so I don't think I got the scholarship through 'excellent' academic records. What I did get however, is the embassy's recommendation. After all these years of knowing people who also got it, I am sure that a recommendation from the embassy is very strong (almost guaranteed), this is the same as applying with an award letter from the embassy. The pre-admissions notice guarantees you get the university of your choice.

Guys, my embassy also told me that they have enough 'power' to give you a recommendation into a university of your choice (e.g. Peking, Tsinghua). But anyway, that story is for another day. :D

• Like 1

Hello @ Dipen;

Perhaps Zhejiang will post it's list of CSC scholarship recipients in the end of June, however, I note the list was posted on July 17th, 2013 last year.  http://iczu.zju.edu.cn/english/news/137405170953157433.html   I suspect most awardees will have recieved their scholarship package from the CSC by then, so the published list may be most useful for those who didn't receive a packet to confirm that they were not selected.

@Wpskinner:

- List of Chinese Government Scholarship Awardees 2011/2012: http://iczu.zju.edu.cn/english/news/130760696726646000.html

- Announcement of Awardees List of Chinese Government Scholarship 2012/2013, Zhejiang University: http://iczu.zju.edu.cn/english/UserFiles/File/134068776189014783.xls

- Announcement of Awardees List of Chinese Government Scholarship 2013/2014, Zhejiang University

http://www.study-in-china.org/HostSchools/CampusNews/20137814443911882.htm 

Thank you!