Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

@All, anybody knows here about CSC Student No? I found that some students got CSC Student No with codes BSZ, DFDH, and GXZS. My CSC Student No. is 2014BSZ350

@nptaidhdt, @wpskinner, @dipen,, I am waiting for Zhejiang University's result too. If you guys get info from Mr. Tang Li,, please let me know ya. Thanks

Good Luck for All

• Like 1

• New Members

Along with the Chinese government scholarship are there any other scholarships to apply for to get a bit more pocket money?

If anyone wants to talk about scholarships or applying they can find me at Cafe Tim in zijinggang campus of Zhejiang uni.

Tim

@ dipen...check your inbox....@shuoshuo highest level of HSK advance is 11 which covers Characters: 2865

Words: 8840...@nptaidhdt I am from nepal and so I have many friends from 杭州 they wants me to meet them in China as I am very friendly with chinese friends who visit in Nepal...Besides that my goal is to complete master in that university and I have done some online Chinese physics courses provided by professor of China...If you know Dr. Tang Li ask me about my chance to get the scholarship...

Justforget, you are talking about the old HSK which went up to level 11. Here in China, and for most countries they've moved on to the new HSK which only goes up to level 6 max. This change happened in the past few years and if you were not aware of that then you probably did the old HSK. HSK certificates are only valid for 2 years.

Since the old thread is locked, I'll post this here.

It seems that if awarded, the CSC will send a package containing already fulfilled Visa application form. Does anyone know if the dates for entry etc. are already fulfilled in that application? I'd like to come to China few weeks early to get everything ready as soon as possible if I get the scholarship, but I don't know if this is possible.

Razumihin - your student visa will be set in a way where you have to enter 'before' a certain date, e.g. if you apply for it today with the documents, you can enter China at any point from the time it is issued until the visa is expired. So you can always go to China earlier than the start of the semester. But you should contact your school first to ask about the earliest time possible to move into the dorms. If you don't do this then some schools will let you pay from the date you arrive until the date when the dorms are officially open to new students.

adn223 - Some statuses never change. So for now there is nothing for you to worry about unless other applicants who have submitted their application to the same agency that you did, have had their statuses changed.

• Like 1

@洋人丹

Just wondering, did you know the professor at Fudan beforehand or did you get in touch with them to see if they were interested in being your adviser? I want to apply for Fudan in the future (Classical literature) and wanted to try to contact professors there so see if I could find someone who would be interested in being my adviser, but wasn't sure if it was generally okay to just up and contact people.

Mind giving some of details on how you went about contacting? Thanks!

Both, I first search in the Department of History in Fudan University if whether teachers who research what I research, then I contacted with them.

I love Shanghai, I don't want to go to Beijing or another city, but if you don't care so much where do you want to live I don't recommend you to study in Fudan. I never saw such a bad staff as I saw in Fudan. They never answer your emails, if you call them, even if its in Chinese, they don't want to answer you, and if they to so they are very rude. I really don't like the staff in Fudan, and I'm not the first one who said it.

However, if you really really really want to study at Fudan, you can contact teachers beforehand (你会说中文的话,那你直接写中文,不用写英文)

@Lin You Le

Thanks for the information.

I can speak and write Chinese, so that shouldn't be a problem. 

Fudan is my first choice because it's pretty much the best in the major that I want to do. Nanjing is also really good, so they are my second. It doesn't HAVE to be Fudan, but it would be nice to get to go there. I've already been reading a bunch of works by professors there. 

Well I'll see how much luck I have next fall. 

Thanks!

@Guys,

Anyone here applied to University of Jinan or chose University of Jinan?

If we have any such person here, it would be nice we meet up here and discuss about the final approval process.  And possibly talk about the respective emails we got from International office ( just saying).

UPDATE about University of Jinan(UJN) so far...

According to th last mail I got we should expect result and documents by July. So, it is pretty much the statndard duration.  However, I am quite convinced we would know of the Final approval by June 2014 and get the documents by July (just my inclination).

Also, there is no thread yet for UJN at the universities' thread on this site. So I am heading there to start a new thread for University of Jinan (UJN), come join me over there if you applied to or chose  UJN.

Peace!

Mazi, and everyone else, welcome to the site! Great to see so many people excited about their future in China. 

We have a thread for Jinan University in Guangzhou. Or is this a university in the Shandong city of Jinan? 

You can't start new topics in the universities forum,but if you start one here I'll move it for you and add it to the index. 

Everyone else - this is the time to try and meet other people going to the same university (remember, not everyone is a CSC student) and I'd also like to invite you to get help and advice on your Chinese learning from all the wonderful members here on Chinese-forums.com. You might not have noticed ,but we have a lot of non-CSC topics too...

So, 

1) Check out the universities index, find the university you're going to and make a post introducing yourself. If the topic isn't very active - post anyway, we'll try and get it started. And please remember to come back and tell us about your university once you've arrived. 

2) Why have you chosen to study Chinese? We've got loads of stories from other members, including myself. 

3) What are you hoping to achieve this year? And next year. Post your study plan and you'll get plenty of encouragement and advice. 

• Like 2

I made a short analysis concerning Xiamen University last night.
Applicants of 2012 year knew their admission results at June, 1 (awardees list was published on admissions.xmu.edu)
Applicants of 2013 year knew their admission results at June, 29 (awardees list was published on admissions.xmu.edu).
Don't know what was the reason of that time changes...
But I'm pretty sure we will know the names of awardees approximately 25-27 of June.
And there were 2 branches of awardees. I didnt reveal what was the difference between them and when the 2nd branch was announced.

Hope, this info would be useful for some of you!