Chinese-Forums

Global Village Contact Details

Strahan

Following your guide's recommendation, I've been searching for Global Village on the web. But all I get is an environmental NGO based in Beijing! Does anyone have their contact details? Or details for any other good private schools?

Cheers,

Strahan

Following your guide's recommendation' date=' I've been searching for Global Village on the web. But all I get is an environmental NGO based in Beijing! Does anyone have their contact details? Or details for any other good private schools?

Cheers,

Strahan[/quote']

http://www.diqiucunschool.co.kr/

It's all in korean, so probably not much help, but they do have a phone number and email. I tried to email them, but didn't get a response.

I just called the school but there was no one who can speak english (and I don't speak chinese :( ).

But they told me to call tomorrow morning...hope to be luckier.

For anyone who can be interested and can speak chinese here's the phone number:

0086 10 6253 7737

Lil' - what exactly do you want to know? If you post a list of questions I can ring for you (I am in Beijing and speak Chinese)

Angelskates, I'd really appreciate your help! :D

Well I'd like to ask:

how much is the cost for a six month chinese course and if there are classes which start on june or july;

if they can issue the student visa for me as I'll have the tourist visa that lasts only one month.

Many, many, many thanks!

Well, I think I'm a beginner...mostly in conversation. And that's the part I'd like to improve more...but I want to attend a complete chinese course.

I know that private schools courses are 2 hours a day, 5 days a week...but I could be interested in a 4 hours/5 day course.

Thanks again...you're an angel! :wink:

• 1 month later...

I am looking into the Global Village too! I have emailed them and haven't recieved a response. I'm pretty much in the same boat as Lil', because I want to study there about 6 months, 2-3 hours a day, 5 days a week, and I want to focus on all (conversation, writing, reading) if I can, because I had a little bit of study at my old school, but it was unstructured and now lets just say...I have deficiencies.

So, if Angelskates or someone else could send me the information that they sent Lil', I would be very greatful. Frankly, any help on contact would be great. Outside of just getting in touch, I would like to know about housing as well.

Pleeeeeesssse! :help:D

• 1 month later...

hi,

i m sorry for that quite stupid question, but i m know in beijing and i tried to find where this scholl is, but nobody ( i ve asked ) knows.

does anybody has the direction or an explanation to help me find it? :help

thanks fellows

Get to Wudaokou on the light rail that runs north from Xizhimen. On the west side of the station there's a junction with a KFC and a Pizza Hut on it. At that junction turn right to head north and it's a few hundred meters on, inside what used to be a hotel. Once you get that close it's just a matter of following the foreign students.

Roddy