Chinese-Forums

Accomodation for studying at BLCU conference center review

prophecy

As I write this I sit in my room at the conference center in BLCU. I am finally sufficiently pissed off that I feel compelled to warn people against staying here. Today the worker is fixing the aircon and as I type he stands behind me with his head in the ceiling.

This place is noisy, dirty, and seems to have a lot of problems with the building. I can't sleep or concentrate to study here because for some reason throughout the day people seem to be slamming doors and yelling(in that traditional Chinese way).  There are mosquitoes at night time and I regularly get bitten. I have been told there is a bad problem with mould here (although it's not readily visible)

The workers constantly seem to be doing maintenance on this building, and they will enter your room without arranging it before hand, smash up walls in the bathroom and generally leave a mess. Since I moved in here I have had this happen multiple times.

If your looking for a one room place to stay at in BLCU. I honestly recommend you give this place a miss. The dorms are supposed to have one room places, but I'm yet to find one.

Anyways I just wanted to post this just to encourage the next potential sucker to give it a miss. I had a hard time on finding information about accommodation at BLCU before, and hopefully the next person searching will stumble across this and think twice about staying here.

I really wish I spent more time before I came to Beijing doing research. I only ended up here because I was too lazy to get my affairs in order properly before hand.

Eh just my opinion, I guess on the whole it's not all that bad... but you can see I'm in a bad mood today, and "hotel" is certainly an overstatement for this place. There is no service whatsoever here, and they don't even give you toilet paper, a towel or anything. From what I understand an actual hotel would be much better value.

• Like 2