Chinese-Forums

Looking for a specific book

Kamille

I can't recall the title. I read a few pages at the book store a few months ago but then decided not to buy it immediately and forgot it afterwards.

For as much as I can remember, the main protagonist was a Chinese woman (not quite sure it wasn't a man) and at the beginning of the story she was on a ski vacation in Japan (or was it a Japanese woman on a ski vacation in China?).

Then there was something about a fake name. I can't remember if she used a fake name or if it was somebody else.

Then there was something about an accident. She was pushed or lost her balance and was rescued just before hitting a tree by someone else's coach.

My memory is a sieve.

That's like the first 10 pages. 

Let's go for the keywords I'm totally sure about, then: Japan, China, ski, accident avoided and ski coach.

Has anyone heard about that book?

I think I know this one.

Did it also have another guy in it? I'm sure he had black hair, or at least dark brown, with a moustache, and he liked to smoke cigarettes. If can remember right, he was English. Or at least, Scottish. He was the doctor on arrivals at the hospital ER, when they brought her in after the accident. That was the bit where they first kind of fell in love.

Was it that one?