Chinese-Forums

Can someone help me with this 2 sentences?

yedafu

Well i dont seem to understand this sentences full meaning and grammer, it will be great if someone could help me. the first one is:

直接坐计程车去不就好了,

the second one is: 

公交车都坐不起,冒充黑客帝国
thanks! 

爱情公寓!Excellent show. Tell us what you think!

With these questions, it's really useful if you can tell us what you think they mean (just a guess is ok) and which words you don't know or aren't sure about. It's also good to know the context. 

wow thanks for the link! its great! 

as for the first one i figure out it somthing like "it will be great if i can go there stright in cab" but then the "不就好了“ dont seem to put in place...

the other one is "the guys who didnt go up to the bus look like the guys from the matrix" but the expresson :坐不起 is something i dont understand from a grammer point of view. 

p.s thanks for the quick answe! 

不就好了

I've struggled with the use of 不 in certain Chinese phrases, because in phrases like this, it used rhetorically.

So you could understand this as, "Isn't it best to just take a cab there?"

My problem has been that the difference between "Isn't it ____?" and "It isn't _____" often seems to be merely tone of voice.

坐不起

不起 usually means "can't afford", and that usually means actual money, but also can be less tangible costs you can't afford.

In this case, tho, I would take it just "unable to", so the whole thing would be: "There's no way to sit on a bus...you have to contort yourself like [those people] in the Matrix " (implying you can violate the laws of physics like when they dodge in "bullet time")

In this case, it helps if you've seen the clip in question.  It actually does literally mean can't afford and the bus driver is speaking to two people dressed up like they could be actors in the matrix (dark sunnies, dark clothing etc).

So maybe something like...

Hmph, dressed up like you're pretending to be hackers from the Matrix, but you can't even afford a bus fare..

• Like 1

first one 直接坐计程车去不就好了,means the best way to go is by taxi,that shows someone didnt take taxi at first so maybe cost much money or time to be the destiny .This sentence is used to express someone's opinion.it is the same meaning of such sentence 直接坐计程车去就好了。but the former one is not friendly and even with blaming attitude and the latter one is more friendly ."不就好了"the word "就“is used to empersize attitude."不就"is used to show idea that dont agree with others and even think others method is not good.

the second one is:

公交车都坐不起,冒充黑客帝国

I think there should be one more character "还"before the second sentence.Normally "还"is same as still but here it is same to but .the first sentence means someone is poor and second means he still pretends he is rich and powerful .It is used to express the speaker look down to another one who is not honest or used between friends for joking.

• Like 3