Chinese-Forums

Scoop up a Summer of Skritter, free!

roddy

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

Hi Roddy,

I guess the summer of Skritterlove really is over? I posted here a couple of weeks ago in hopes of one of your introductory vouchers, but it looks like I left it too late. If you do have any left I'd really appreciate one -  I'm raring to get started.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there. i guess im too late as well :( 

if something comes up im very interested to try it. i can read around 3000 words but can only write some 800 of them so its time to do something about it :)

damn i should have been out earlier! :-)

Just sent out another batch of vouchers, if anyone's asked for one and not got one, check your registered email address works. Also, just noticed I CC'd everyone instead of BCC, which is bad form. Apologies. Now, I believe I have another giveaway to post about...

hi everyone. so it begins for me now. and thank you for the free trial Roddy!

im very exited to see how it goes. im on an samsung galaxy note 2 with a big screen so it should be fun.

right now i can read around 3000+ words but i can only write something like 1000 of them. so my aim now is to add the 1000 words to my skritter vocab quickly (from new practical chinese reader book 1 and 2) so i can start for real with new words afterwards (HSK lists)

i'll let you guys know how it goes :)

• New Members

Hi :)

I am a new member to this forum and have been studying chinese only for a year now, but really love it.

I am really interested in trying out Skritter to make the learning process more easier and fun! 

Am I too late for the voucher?

I don't think anyone's getting a second voucher. However I'm glad you found it useful enough to want one, and hope you find your paid subscription worthwhile. 

New requests - I just went back and checked and there's a slightly disappointing number of new / low-post count members who got vouchers and seem to have disappeared. Not a great surprise, but not necessarily what I hoped for. 

I just went back and checked and there's a slightly disappointing number of new / low-post count members who got vouchers and seem to have disappeared.

Hope i don't fit into that category..... i have been busy, but mostly am unsure of when and where to post my review. Nothing bad to say about Skritter, i really liked it. Though, i definitely won't be signing up to pay. But that'll be explained in the review.

This weekend if i get a chance (genuinely, things are really ridiculous right now) i will add my review. Still extremely grateful for the voucher.

• New Members

Well. Thanks Roddy, thanks Skritter! I thought I was too late for this, so it was a nice surprise to get a voucher. I haven’t had a chance to set up my trial subscription yet, but I’ll do that as soon as I get home. 

And it will be a proper trial now, since I’d decided to go with a combination of Anki and hanzigrids for my “Rapid Literacy in Chinese” project. This has turned me back to Skritter, so I’ll see how that goes and report back when I have something to say. 

Just have to sort out the iPad - I can use my partner’s for this, but I’m not sure how to use my app on her iPad. Is that possible?  And does anyone know if Skritter works OK with the trackpad on a Macbook? 

Thanks again for the voucher - much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

i have had my skritter for a few weeks now. this is not the final post from me with my thoughts on skritter, but just a quick sum up. before i started using skritter i could read around 3000 words but only write some 800 of them. since i got the skritter voucher a few weeks ago my writing has been playing catch up with my reading. i have managed to finish all hsk 4 words so i guess i have learned around 400 new words. the good thing is that the more words you learn to write, the easier it gets to learn other new words, as many of them is just different combinations with the same characters. ive looked through the hsk 5 deck and it looks like there are a lot of words i can write already. 

as for skritter, i really love using it. i have been a paper and pen guy since i started but it always annoyed me that i kindda had to make a review system in my own head. thats the best part of skritter - it knows what i am about to forget :D but sometimes i still sit with a pen and a paper but then with skritter on, and the words i go through on skritter, i write down a few times on a paper as well. 

im thinking about buying a tablet for writing but i havnt really decided yet. but one thing is sure. i could never have learned all these characters if it was not for skritter. i know already now that im gonna subscribe after my voucher expires! i guess this business move of handing trials for free worked pretty good on me! ;)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Just started to learn Chinese and Skritter sounds like a lot of fun. If there's any free vouchers in the near future, I'd love to get one. Living in Malaysia and the MYR has depreciated horribly by more than 25% against the USD, so no way I can afford Skritter's monthly fees. :(

3 months should be good enough to jump start my Chinese learning and hopefully I'll see how I can take it from there. :)

Don't know about free vouchers, but feel free to use my referral for a few extra free weeks, if that helps!

From my earlier post:

In case there aren't any vouchers, feel free to use my referral link. That will net you (and me) two additional weeks of free skritter subscription. It's not as good as the voucher, but better than nothing :)

http://www.skritter.com/refer/wallaby78erik