Chinese-Forums

Boya Chinese textbook and HSK 4?

hoshinoumi

Hello everyone, I wanted to know if there´s someone in this forum who´s studying Chinese with Boya Textbooks. I had signed up for HSK 4, which I´m taking in a week, but I´ve realised I still don´t have the 1200 vocab. I signed up for the 4 because, after finishing the 2 green books(elementary) I have 1200 vocabulary but it seems it is not everything from the  HSK4.

It was definitely a long shot but I get about 160/300 points in the exam and HSK3 is sooo easy for my level. So my question is:

for those studying Boya, how long did it take you to get HSK4? Did you do the first (or the two) pre intermediate books before taking it?

Any advice?

Thank you :)

• Like 1

I'm a Boya user here. It's the only textbook I've studied. I'm currently on the orange books - advanced (高级飞翔篇). I got rid of or lost my other books, not sure. When you say elementary, which books do you mean? There are four sets for levels for Boya, each with anywhere from 2 to 3 books within. 起步篇,加速篇,冲刺篇,and 飞翔篇.

I passed the HSK 4 so many years ago that I cannot recall which set of books I had prepped for passing. About 2 or 3 years ago I passed the HSK 5 and I used the Boya 冲刺篇 to pass that. I think that if you have finished the 加速篇 and the 起步篇 in their entirety, then you should be pretty well prepped. Take it and see what happens.

For the Boya books I started with Book 1 on the 起步篇 and have worked my way up. I've been on the 飞翔篇 for a few years now. Ever since passing the HSK 5 my study moved away from the text books and went to other forms of study, but I still do a chapter in the books now and then. Good luck.

I don't think you need to do the 准中级 pre-int boya books before HSK 4. The first one of this level has a fair bit of HSK 5 in it and the second one has more.

If you are a week away from your test... I wouldn't worry about textbooks now. Download the practice tests and work through them. Do some of them in timed conditions so you know if you will be able to complete the test in time.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...