Chinese-Forums

2nd editions of NPCR vol. 5 and 6?

Hanaji

• New Members

Hi everyone,

I've started learning Chinese this year at my university and I'm over half way through the first volume. I have quite a few friends in higher levels and NPCR is the textbook series which is used through all levels and they go up to the fourth volume. 

I was wondering if the fifth and sixth volume of NPCR have been released in the 2nd edition and if not, will they be? When I have looked at them, they seem to not be. 

I have heard that vol 5 and 6 will not be released for a second edition, and they weren't last time I checked. I'm not completly sure about the reason. One reason might be that 5 & 6 are based only on texts (compared to mostly dialogues in 1-4) and there is almost no English (except for vocab), so 5 & 6 are quite different from 1-4. I own vol. 1-4 in 2nd ed. and 5-6 in 1st myself, and I'm quite sure that there aren't any compatibility issues. 

• Like 1

• New Members

I see, that makes sense. It'll be a while until I get up to there but if they're still in first ed. It'll be fine. I do have a friend who prefers the style of the first ed. over the second ed.

Thank you very much :)