Chinese-Forums

New MA Program and scholarships at SOAS China Institute

roddy

We have general discussion about options at SOAS and elsewhere here, but thought I'd post this separately - Michel Hockx just sent out an announcement via BACS. 

The China Institute is completely new, and there are still scholarships available for students on this course for September starts. Scholarship deadline is July 14th though, so get your pens out. 

Information on the course is here. I notice an intriguing lack of information under the 'structure' and 'teaching and learning' tabs. Make of that what you will. 

Scholarship info is here - this is the only Chinese course it's valid for, but there are other options for other Asian / Arabic aficionados. Scholarships at £20k a year will leave you, if I'm reading the fees page correctly, with over 15k after fees are paid.

There are language requirements - "Applicants should have at least intermediate-level proficiency in modern Chinese (HSK Level 4)."