Chinese-Forums

HSK invalidation

Shadrith

Hello all,

I've done HSK II this week and I kinda have the feeling that I forgot to put my age numbers on the answersheet. I'm freaking out wondering if my test will be invalidated or not.

I think I forgot to write down my age numbers. When we fill the squares corresponding to the age, we should also write down the corresponding age numbers, am I correct? That also applies to all the other codes on the admission ticket.

Is that a major mistake that may lead to the invalidation of the exam? :-? 

Thank you

• Like 1

I'm not sure..I took the exam this week too and there was a girl who didn't write her name or her age I think..they told her not to worry though I don't know..when time ends people have to give the papers and can't write anymore..It was my first time to take the HSK exam though at least for me it wasn't a problem. They gave us instructions, we filled every field together, step by step at the beginning, so it was almost impossible to forget..I have no direct experience of your problem..you could try to ask to the examination center or just wait for a month until the result is out.

Thank you anyway.

The part of the instructions was kind of messy, they just told us to fill the squares and didn't even check if there was someone without the admission ticket taking part in the test.

I remember to fill down every square and writing down each number except the age. I did mark the squares on the age, but I think I didn't write down the numbers  :-?

Hi Shadrith, I wouldn't worry at all: I still remember when I took HSKK 初级 (the oral exam), it was 2010 and it was my very first exam of spoken Chinese. I had practiced with several mock exams at home, so I knew the structure of the test: the first question was just listen and repeat. Then I heard the first question: "what's your name? " and I repeated, "what's your name? " second question: "where are you from? " and the third: "what's your registration number? " I didn't even understand this one, but I just repeated it word by word. And then I listened: "the exam will begin now, the first question is..." I was supposed to answer those questions, I felt so embarrassed!!! I thought I had failed before beginning the real exam, but I still did my best and in the end I passed! I don't really think they invalidate your exam only because you didn't write your age. Good luck!

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing your story Geiko :)
It's so nice to hear that dispite your nerves you passed your exam! I hope the same happens to me, it would be terrible if I failed just because I did not write down my age.  :-?

Thank you so much!

We were told that although these exam papers are corrected by machine, they are verified by examiners after that. I don't think you have anything to worry about (the certificate numbers include the country, location, test centre and so on) so if they are bound to find out who did that test paper when they start uploading the results online!

LOL Geiko such a funny story. I can see how that might happen. Exam nerves affect the best of us! :D

• Like 1