Chinese-Forums

Beijing Chinese-Forums Meet-Up 2014

ChTTay

I'm similarly in to the extent that I can plan ahead - that is, I'll join if I can, but probably can't confirm until a day ahead.

As mentioned elsewhere, a good strategy for this is to simply choose and time/place you'd like to grab food and suggest everyone else show up :)

ChTTay as you are the original iniator, you get to pick the place and time. Sounds like the date has been fixed, for the restaurant, I prefer Sanlitun and probably some other ppl do as well. But I am also happy to cylce to gulou. So you make the call!

Fine.

Saturday June 12th.

8'oclock.

4 corners in Gulou.

Map and info: http://www.timeoutbeijing.com/venue/Bars__Clubs-Bars__Clubs/14673/4-Corners.html

They do Vietnamese food mostly but their burger is fantastic. Prices start around 45 kuai upto about 90. They have Jing A and Verdett on tap. Have bottled beer and the usual wine/spirits. They had landlord issues a while ago and almost closed so they redeveloped the whole place. When I last went they didn't have a full menu but still had decent choices.

If thats full or everyone hates it we can get a swift one in and move to a Chinese place opposite it (kind of) that is fairly decent. They are known for their noodles (Hui mian?) but ive had dishes there and they gave me no cause to complain.

If you can't come then post.

If none of you come i'll enjoy a beer and a bite to eat then send Roddy the bill for a fantastic Chinese-Forums meet up.

• Like 3

Hey, just thought i'd try bump this in case anyone else in Beijing was interested.

It should be happening this Saturday... Don't miss out!

Tysond, you still interested?

• Like 2