Chinese-Forums

Anyone Do Chinese Covers?

noirxchat

Hi Guys,

My name is Monie and I'm new here! I was reading through the music thread and loved a lot of the discussion we have going here. I am ethnically Chinese, but I am an ABC who grew up in Fargo, North Dakota and moved 15 times around Indiana, Boston, New York and other not-so-Asian places until I moved to Cupertino, California in 6th grade. I self-taught myself Chinese through music and Chinese dramas, and then studied it formally in high school and college. I minored in Chinese in college, and studied abroad at both the University of Hong Kong and National Taiwan University.

Now that I am working and don't have the chance to get much practice in Chinese, I feel my skills slipping. Therefore, I started going to karaoke and watching Chinese dramas, and even started recording covers on Youtube in Chinese. I was wondering whether there was anyone on this forum who also does Chinese covers/subscribes to anyone on Youtube currently who does Chinese covers? I would love to hear/share and swap feedback.

Cheers,

Monie

I keep wanting to do something like this and post it on youtube/youku. Don't think I could do such a professional job though... all I have at my disposal is a cheap guitar which I can't play too well, and a couple of poor-quality recording devices. Nice what you've done here, though!

• Like 1

I like to sing duets with Chinese female singers.  I have actually recorded myself doing it several times...but that was long before YouTube, so none of them are on video.

I've been thinking about doing it again, but have never gotten past the "thinking about it stage".  Once I get through the next 2 weeks of extreme busy-ness, I'll see if I can do a video or two and post on YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...