Chinese-Forums

Free Chinese Books (Second Round)

elina

• 2 weeks later...

Except for fabiothebest, who I have no idea where he is, because last time in the first round he said he would leave his country and go to China during this period, so I’d like to wait for his message for address confirmation, as well as for michaelS, he is on holidays, and we’ll mail his books later. And these days, we have mailed packages for all the other people, details are as follows, in accordance with the order of name, package number, shipping method:

lechuan, RA622204072CN, SAL

Ania, RA622205170CN, SAL

Silent, RA622204126CN, SAL

Lu, RA622204188CN, SAL

li3wei1, RA622204086CN, SAL

datdere, RA622204245CN, SAL

PaulSav, RA622204259CN, SAL

philwhite, RA622204231CN, SAL

Hofmann, RA622205912CN, SAL

MPhillips, RA622204228CN, SAL

miaomiao, RA622204112CN, SAL

FredricHenry, RA622205943CN, SAL

Base7, RA622205166CN, SAL

Tianjin42, PA39776808811, ordinary mail

ChTTay, PA39776810511, ordinary mail

Iso, RA622204214CN, SAL

Hilde-07, CP282234861CN, SAL

edelweis, RA622204191CN, SAL

taijiphoenix, RA622204205CN, SAL

smcullen, CP282234645CN, SAL

• Like 2

Excellent! li3wei1, so quick your review comes! I just cannot imagine :)

lechuan, glad to hear you have got your package. :)  This time on the second round, we specially mailed just a small amount of packages in one time and in different days, because we don’t hope to find if the packages were mailed intensively, they would line up for customs check for 8 days or even 12 days, like the situation on the first round:

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/44629-no-more-free-chinese-books-for-now/?p=337903

So this policy works, people got their packages much faster than before.

And when you review your books, it'd be very helpful if you mention:

a) that you got this book as a part of this giveaway and link to the topic,

b) and post here to add a link to your review, 

c) and add the book’s link on our site in your post, to let others know the details of the book.

I would like to report that I received my books yesterday! :) I'm very excited and I will post my reviews as soon as I'm done "plyaing" with my new "toys"  :D

Once again huge thanks to everyone who makes all of this possible, you guys rock!!

• Like 2

Many thanks Elina, I received my book for review yesterday too, all very carefully packed and the CD intact.

As others have commented, the newspaper can be interesting too. Mine had a science article about 3D打印人造肉 (3D printed artificial meat, I believe).

I must finish my final assignment for my University course before I start on this book.

• Like 2

I just arrived home and found my books in the mailbox. Thanks to everyone making this gift possible.

It's nicely in time as tomorrow I'll have a long train ride so now I've something to do during the ride:) I'll start with the Geography book as it looks far more interesting then expected. I expected stories about the standard touristy things, but the book looks far more diverse.

I hope to post the reviews in a few weeks.

• Like 1

I received my book today ("The big book of spoken Chinese"). Thanks! At first glance, it looks really good: expressions for various everyday situations, example conversations and vocabulary lists, arranged per topic/situation. A few things I read were also told to me by Chinese friends, so it looks like the content is realistic. I will post a review soon after I have read the book more thouroughly.

• Like 1

How exciting to come home and find a package from China just sitting there waiting for me to open it!  Inside were 3 books: My First "Beginner’s Chinese", "Everyday Chinese" and "Chinese Storybooks—That Is Wrong, That Is Wrong (Spanish version) ".

Thank you, Elina and Sinolingua, for putting together this exciting project.  It will make for a very busy couple of weeks ahead.  I'll begin posting on the weekend.

Steve
  • Like 1

Hi Elina - China Post messaged me to inform me they had the books at their post office in Hujialou. I went to pick them up yesterday and now have them. Great stuff!

I will work through them then post reviews. 

• Like 1