Chinese-Forums

Android App for Learning Chinese Poetry

LisaMFine

• New Members

My classmates and I have been working on a free android app that introduces the tropes and specialized language found in Classical Chinese poetry. It is also designed to encourage memorising and reciting the poems. 

I would love to get some feedback on our method, the app, and any other suggestions. It is called Du Chinese Poetry.

Here is the link: http://goo.gl/Edj0AA

Thanks!

Add Middle Chinese pronunciations. 廣韻

Edit: OK so you only have 3 poems. There is some potential here but as it is it's pretty useless. How about collecting 300 Tang Poems or something? Then add something to identify the tone pattern template for all 詞, and find others that have the same tune. I like how you explain some Classical definitions, and I think that would be a major feature. If you can do that I'd pay.

• New Members

Those are some interesting ideas.  I think adding poems that have the same tune would be a great way to highlight that aspect of Chinese poetry.  In fact, it is these types of things that we want to introduce intermediate level learners too. Yes three poems is not enough. The plan is add poems from various eras and poets, as much variety as possible maybe even modern poetry, and serve as a primer that helps learners overcome the initial difficulty when first learning about Chinese poetry.  If you have any other feedback I would love to hear it.