Chinese-Forums

Online Novels

simc

Han Han's Triple Door was my guilty pleasure, back in the day. mp3s are even available of it now. 

I'm liking Xu Zechen "Running through Beijing", at present, and am reading it together with Eric A's translation.

Generally, just search the xiaoshuo name + mp3 - will give you a bunch of listening and reading material.

However, I found that listening to natural dialogues/conversations, with transcripts, was a much better way to progress my Chinese (rather than listening to, and reading, pre-scripted monologues).

• Like 3

I've read two novels in the  第十二夜 detective story series, written by 璇儿. It's supposed to be YA fiction. The first one was 万灵节之. It was gory and bordering on the fantastic, with a group of young electrical engineers stranded in a remote plant in a remote mountain, killed one by one in some horrible way. There was an oppressive atmosphere à la Shining, and it was rather good.

Then I  started reading 天方夜谭, in the same series. The Chinese detective goes to Iran to find a cousin who disappeared. After that, it consists mainly in an annoying series of unlikely events strung together.  Frankly, in my opinion, it's boring. So much so that I decided to stop reading it and switch to something else.

Anyway, make your own opinion, the whole series is available online here.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hurrah, finished the audiobook over the Christmas break. All 32 and 1/2 hours of it. Can't really say it was a good, mostly just one love triangle after another. It was very easy though, good for extensive listening.

• Like 2