Chinese-Forums

Books Every Chinese Child Reads In Elementary School?

makochan

I've tried to search for threads on this topic but didn't quite find what I was looking for.

I'm assuming that every Chinese students has to read standard textbooks in elementary school.  (Maybe something like this: http://www.pep.com.cn/xiaoyu/jiaoshi/tbjx/kbjiaocai/

I've read most of the Chinese Breeze readers, and I recently finished Charlotte's Web in Chinese.  But what I'm really looking for is a list of top 50, top 100 books that every child reads during elementary school or middle school.  For example, maybe every child in the U.S. reads "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", "Chronicles of Narnia", etc.

I could read more translated books, but I felt that reading popular Chinese children's books could help me not only improve my reading, but also expose myself more to Chinese culture and thinking.

Thanks.

Thanks for the recommendations SiMaKe, roddy.

Yes, I'm looking for a list of not necessarily required reading, but a list of novels / stories that would be considered children's classics.  I would love to attempt to read something like 西游记, but thought maybe I should start with something easier.

Eh, makochan, there's a lot of versions of 西游记 which had been changed so that it can be understand by Chinese children, maybe that would be useful?

I have one version of them, without any poems or anicent Chinese stuff, just simple Chinese:

0b46f21fbe096b63f1ae56940e338744eaf8acba

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sjQ7srb

password: neeg

After enter the password, click 下载.

• Like 2