Chinese-Forums

URGENT: Z visa denied by Chinese Embassy!

Stefan91

Any idea about my friend though, he's working in songyuan for "songyuan foreign studies college",  but his boss sends him to teach in middle schools, other schools... I think that'd be illegal?   (Back on what earlier poster said about hiring teachers out)

Police departments above the county level or exit-entry frontier inspection stations can legally question and detain foreigners suspected of illegally entering, living, or working in China.   Foreigners who illegally enter, live, or work in China are subject to fines or detention, and may also be ordered to leave China within a certain period of time. Those who fail to leave within that period of time may be deported and prohibited from entering the country again for one to five years.

I took this from one of the immigration law change websites. You're right about the MFA exercising discretion then. It's all about grovelling.

China doesn't work like other countries: they have rules on the book and real rules that aren't on the book, if you know what I mean. :lol: The 'forced deportation' might not ban someone from entering China for 10 years - it might get them banned from entering for an undetermined period of time that might well surpass 10 years.

Other countries will deny your visa and possibly be nice enough to tell you the reason, and if other supporting documents can be attached for your application to be successful. In China, a simple denial suffice and you can make calls to 'this person' for answers, who will tell you to talk to another person, who will then tell you to contact another person and you never get your answer. We're all so used to that aren't we?