Chinese-Forums

Help us choose a company name!

OneEye

A while back I mentioned that I was joining a company started by some friends of mine here in Taipei. Our goal is to create high quality, well-researched tools for language learning. We will make books, dictionaries, software (both desktop applications and apps for mobile devices), websites, data for other applications, etc.

Our first product will be a dictionary for learning Chinese characters for English and German speakers. It will make use of the latest research in Chinese palaeography, memory techniques, and language pedagogy to create a system that is etymologically accurate, pedagogically sound, and will tremendously boost long-term retention and predictive ability. We have several other projects planned after that, but we're not quite ready to announce them yet.

Our Chinese name is 久茂語林, but we still need an English name and we're looking to you for help. For our English name, we would like a name that encompasses any or all of the following concepts (and isn't Chinese-specific): intelligent learning, linguistic research, effectiveness, high quality, well planned, innovative, integrated system, systematic, etc.

We've posted this to our Facebook feeds too, so the winning name may not come from Chinese-forums (though I personally am hoping it will). If we use your suggestion, we'll wire you NT$5000 (about US$166). If we use a modified version of it, we'll send you NT$3000 (about US$100).

The contest ends on the 22nd of July.

Edit: It's over, and we've decided on Outlier Linguistic Solutions! Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 4

Lingo

Linguistic

Intelligent

Next

Generation

Octopus

May your tentacles rule the world!

You can see I got stuck at O. Pretty hard to get even one concept into a word, let alone several. 

Lingo...

You might as well just wire me the money now... :lol:

• Like 2

The Most Comfortable Chinese-Learning Company You Will Ever Run Into, Ltd. 

Innoling. It's a bit bland, but it does have the advantage that the .com domain is currently available. For now...

• Like 2

"A New Generation of Introducing Chinese"

"Conquering Chinese in a New Way"

"Conquering Chinese"

"Chinese: Plain and Simple".

"The Theory Behind Learning Chinese"

I can think of more later, but this is what I have so far in my head.

I should have made this more clear in the original post, but we don't want the name to tie us to Chinese (or any one language, language family, or region), because we want to branch into other languages later.

Mindmark

Two meanings,

English, the products make indelible marks on the mind/memory

German mark, as in Altmark, Neumark, fortressed border regions.

Building an impregnable memory fortress.

I hope you're noting these down, thats at least 200 dollars now...

• Like 1

One offering from me for the moment.

Language Coach.

Or maybe: Language Learning Coach

Or:  Language Study Coach

I like the idea of having a coach rather than a lecturer or a teacher.

Seems like you will get help and guidance but not in a childish school room way.