Chinese-Forums

Help us choose a company name!

OneEye

I'm certainly weird, no doubt about that. :mrgreen:

That's actually how the name got suggested. A friend of one of the founders called him an outlier because his interests (and all of ours) are so far removed from what most people consider normal. It went from there.

Thanks for the support, everyone! We really think we'll be the ones to finally get characters right. That might sound arrogant, but there really is nothing else out there for learners that presents Chinese characters in a way that 1) explains the way they actually work, and 2) systematizes it for the learner without overburdening them with a lot of extraneous information. We're essentially taking ivory tower knowledge (palaeography, historical phonology, semantics), extracting the parts that are most useful to the learner, and packaging it in an easy-to-grasp system for learning and remembering characters.

I'll definitely keep everyone updated!

That sounds excellent, I would also be interested to see what you come up with.

it sounds to me like you are going down the path I have always trodden.

i am a big fan the etymology of characters (Wieger is my hero :) )

If and when you need Beta testers, put me on the list :)

I won't wish you luck because i am sure it will be all hard work and there won't be any luck involved, but I do hope it goes well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...