Chinese-Forums

Anything you think you'd like to ask a native speaker

Vivi MENG

"恁好?!Where did you learn this?! It's a dialect(ancient) expression of 你好(您好)Haha, I'm surprised!"

To be honest I didn't learn it, it was a mistake, late at night, small font, tired eyes. It should have been

Interesting though, now I have learnt something new. I probably would never have learnt this with out this mistake so some times mistake are good :)

Wechat is most popular in China and i hear numbers are increasing Malaysia, Indonesia as well as a few other Asian countries.

However, if i use the "look around" function (where you can find people near to you) in my home town I get ZERO people. In London you do get a few... 90%+ are Chinese.

• 4 weeks later...

I have started using wechat. My tablet is from china and has it as pre -installed app so it was no problem to get it up and running.

As complete newbie I am having to learn as I go so any tips appreciated.

Perhaps this should be split from this topic (from post #43?) to a wechat topic? roddy,  imron can you help?