Chinese-Forums

Quiet Sundays and Other Thoughts

Shelley

I have noticed that Sundays are quiet when it comes to activity on the forums. Now I can think of many good reasons for this, family commitments, outings, or just generally lazy Sundays.

This led me on to think about the general ups and downs of activity here on Chinese forums and what with roddy trying to gee up activity it all made think about forum statistics.

One of the chatrooms I sometimes frequent but my partner is almost always on, has a statistics page,. this consists of graphs of different types for different things.

One for example is who has typed the most words, who has been connect for the longest, who have had the most conversations between each other and one i especially like is the inter connections map, this shows in varying degrees the connections between people so who has been chatting with whom.

Now I have no idea the technical issues involved with something like this but it would be fun to be able see things like what time of day is busiest, what countries are contributing when and how much, which forums attract the most posts and other interesting things.

This doesn't have to include personal info, just general stats. I think they are done on a weekly basis and monthly and yearly are available to view.

Any idea if this is possible anyone?

"what time of day is busiest, what countries are contributing when and how much, which forums attract the most posts and other interesting things."

What I can tell you off the top of my head - we're busiest in terms of visitors about 2pm to 4pm UK time - so we're awake, China hasn't gone to bed yet, and the US is waking up and pulling its smartphone from under its pillow. I have the impression this is also the busiest time for posts, although I don't have stats on this. Could generate them with a little work. 

In terms of countries, it's US, China and UK in that order, I think. I don't have stats on when, but I'd be surprised if it's not the case that people visit at lunchtimes and evenings, and less so (but still more than they should ;-) ) during working hours. 

Weekends are quieter, but have got busier lately in line with the rest of the week. 

Interesting, thanks for that.

That does seem to correlate with what I have noticed.

I guess I am lucky cos I am able to be online whenever I want.

i just wondered if there was something members could view with that sort of information it might be interesting and encouraging.