Chinese-Forums

Anki Deck - Editing Font Size and Font Style

寇正豪

So a couple days ago I asked about making a Pleco Deck into an Anki Deck. I managed to do so, but now when I use the deck on my Ipod the characters are really small, and I am not a big fan of the font. I have downloaded a few add-ons but to no avail. I have noticed when people make decks and post them online they are able to change the font size. If anybody has any suggestions on how to do so they would be much appreciated. 

谢谢

寇正豪

Here is one of my templates.

You can see where I've set the font sizes.

You can also see where I've pulled in my favorite fonts; even the iPhone/Pad can use these fonts now!

post-12291-0-82959600-1406738819_thumb.png

Also, in the iPhone/Pad app, while viewing a card, do you see "Tools...Font Scale..."?

Everything is in the online Anki manual. See for example "Installing Fonts": http://ankisrs.net/docs/manual.html#installing-fonts

On you Anki Deck Page ...

click Browse (top), (a new window will open up)

select your deck (on left hand side pane)

Click the Cards Button, (ands the above screenshots will show)

note this is only available on desktop versions (windows or Linux),not phone / ipad app (as far as I can see)

• Like 1

Thank you. I was using the desktop version but I'm new with it. I never used it too much because I never had good card on that log. All my good cards are on Pleco, but now this log doesn't fit my expectations about reviewing (Anki does). It's a cruel world, my friends.

Could you be any more specific about how our algorithm isn't working for you? Not trying to dissuade you from switching to Anki (since you've already bought our app we don't really mind that much :-), but as I've said in a few other posts here we're working on a big flashcard revamp and would like to make sure it addresses people's problems with the old algorithm.

Well, just as someone else said in another topic, Pleco only needs one thing to become perfect, but as long as it will lack it I'll continue using other apps: mid-session repeating of flaschcards. Not necessarily the incorrect cards but just every card, with a system of spaced repetition based on how well/bad people have memorized them. If you see a bit how Anki's reviewing algorithm works, you'll know exactly what I need. And yes, that's would be a huuuuge plus for your app.

Ah, understood. That will probably be in 3.3 - the original schedule was that 3.2 would be lots of internal upgrades (64-bit etc) plus an updated flashcard database format, but we pushed the flashcard bit to 3.3 so that we can have 3.2 out along with the iPhone 6, which means that we've now got room to update the database format + start overhauling sessions in 3.3.

Is pleco only for mobile apps? I have the Pleco dictionary but not the flashcards components but have have a look at the free version

I like to put things into spreadsheets so they can be block edited and then imported into anki. Might start a new topic if not already discussed in depth. Will do a search.