Chinese-Forums

6 B

dotstorm

Hello,

I recently was told that the number "6" is considered a 'lucky number' in Chinese: is this correct ?

And someone convinced me that the combination "6B" means "excellent" or "the best" in Chinese.

You can't believe how happy I would be if anyone on this board could eather confirm this or slash my hopes/dreams by telling that's just not correct :D

Thank you very much !

dotstorm

Hi,

Yes, 6 is the lucky number for most of Chinese. It stands for everything goes smoothly.

There are other lucky numbers, that is 8, 9. The pronouciation of 8 is smiliar to 发 which means to get rich. So this is most of businessmen's favorite number and they would like to Choose 8 or 6 for their phones or Car No etc.

The numer of 9 stands for long time because it's pronouciation is same to 久 which means long time. For example your love will keep long time etc.

And the unlucky number for most of Chinese is 4 which sounds like the pronouciation of 死--death.

It's interesting, isn't it? :clap:clap:clap

P.S. I never heart abt 6B as a lucky symbol before this.

Thanks !

appreaciate your replies VERY much.

I was told that the prononciation of "6B" would mean something like "the best"' date=' but guess that's not the case :roll:[/quote']

It is a dialect of North China and often spelled as“牛比” in Chinese.