Chinese-Forums

Mandarin Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter

vcott

So I ordered via Amazon the Mandarin spoken verions of Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, and discovered upon receiving them that none of them will play in my DVD players due to different regions. 

So, where can I download versions of these in Mandarin?  Is there no Mandarin equivalent of Piratebay?  I've got 50 bucks worth of Mandarin DVDs now that I can't play, and I'm not feeling like buying a new DVD player just to watch them...:(

I had an issue like that and converted the DVD on my laptop to just a simple film format. I used Freemake, which is a freeware. The whole process is still a bit inconvenient though, so I'm not advocating it as a solution. Rather a workaround if everything else fails.

i can play it on my laptop, but it's a fraction of the size of my TV.  I went down to Chinatown and asked around but the couple people I asked said to just download it and forget trying to use a DVD...one old guy even thought it funny I had bothered to buy the Chinese DVDs.  Problem was the three people that suggested that didn't know how to tell me in English where to look.  One lady said her son does it all the time but she doesn't know where he goes online to find them. 

A little OT, but I didn't know there was a Mandarin spoken version of Lord of the Rings. I saw The Two Towers when it was in theaters in Taiwan. It was in English with Chinese subtitles. I don't remember if there were separate English and Mandarin versions, or if only the English one was available.

• 2 months later...

following up on this, does anyone know where to buy/download MP4 copies of the entire Harry Potter series in dubbed Mandarin?  I know they exist because there are short clips on youtube and I have a single dvd copy of one of them.  I don't want to hassle with trying to rip 8 DVDs myself (I tried to do the one I have and the quality just isn't very good and it took me forever).