Chinese-Forums

I NEED advices, travelling for firstime in my life out of my country to the RED CHINA? Please Help!

sujeto

your nation's murder rate is an appalling 53.7 per 100,000 inhabitants, while China's is a tiny fraction of that, at just 1 in 100,000.

I think this statistic is  misleading. Murder rate is generally not what I'm concerned about when traveling (or any other time). The biggest killer for travelers is traffic, if you want to make a fair (as far as possible) safety comparison for travelers you should at least include traffic.

although after six months there the only words he had learned were 啤酒 and 厕所。

Not my only, but certainly the first I learned, too. Next came 男 to make sure I visited the correct 厕所 after the 啤酒.

It all went downhill from there.

You make a fine point Silent, as far as overall safety goes, who knows, I might be better off in Caracas than here. We've got the highest rate of vehicular homicide in the US. Some years ago the cops drove their car over two French tourists lying on the beach, killing one & severely injuring the other, then just recently another cop, who was drunk, did nearly the same thing, but he only crippled the poor woman. The list of these incidents goes on & on, some even still more bizarre.

I guess for posting from your home to Harbin via fedex or dhl is not good as you can buy almost the same stuff with the postage.

You can get your size if not in Harbin but you can do you via taobao (Chinese ebay). I am not sure about the quality while I am sure about the price.

It is very good idea you wear your heaviest shoes or clothes on the plane!