Chinese-Forums

Train and bus in guangzhou

danielkh

hello,anyone can help me. Sept 6, i want to go fuzhou , but my plane only until guangzhou. I want go to fuzhou from guangzhou by bus or train. Anyone can help me how to get the bus ticket or train ticket? Where station or bus station in guangzhou i can get ticket? It is my first time to travel in china. Sory if my english very bad. thanks

你好、 有人可以给我一个忙吗?9月6号,我打算去福州,但只飞到广州。我想从广州到福州坐火车还是公共汽车。有人可以帮我,怎么样能买到票?在什么火车站或公车站能买到票?这个是我第一次来中国。谢谢你们的帮忙。

I strongly recommend you to go by plane. It would be much easier as you can do a transit right after arriving Guangzhou. You may find plane ticket guangzhou-fuzhou at as cheap as around RMB 500 (included tax), depends on your travel date.

Biggest problem of going by train is, there's no direct train from guangzhou to Fuzhou. So after arriving Guangzhou airport, you will need to first take a subway from airport to Guangzhou South Railway station (RMB 9.00, lead time 64 mins, you need to do one transfer to ge there).

*** Guangzhou subway map: http://cs.gzmtr.com/ckfw/ (you need to download the map so that to enlarge it. check orange line + blue line).

After arriving Guangzhou South, buy train ticket for Shenzhen North (usually you get ticket for a train setting off around one hour later, price is RMB 74.50, lead time 29~44 minutes depends of which schedule's train you take). 

*** Train schedule and details: http://www.huochepiao.com/gaotie/xianlu_guangzhou_shenzhen

Then from Shenzhen North to Fuzho South (there's a risk you can't get ticket for the same day), and in this case you will be obliged to stay near Shenzhen North Railay Station for a night. It could be difficult for foreigers as most of the small hotels are open for Chinese ID card holders only (government policy). TTrain ticket costs RMB 217 (hard seat) / 260.50 (soft seat). Lead time is 5~6.5 hrs depend on whic schedule's train you take.

*** Train schedule and details: http://www.huochepiao.com/gaotie/xianlu_shenzhen_fuzhou

sammiekong, thanks for your advise, i think better to by plane. I search in Qunar, plane prince approximately 500yuan. But, can i buy on the sport when i arrive? Maybe sept 7, chinese people will very busy beacause they celebrate midautum festival.

You could buy on spot at the airport, but ticket might be sold out and on the other hand last minute usually means more expensive in China. I would suggest you to buy the plane ticket in advance, if your schedule is fixed.

Qunar is the best website to get cheapper ticket but honestly they don't offer good service (there's a complain i sent end of last month and i have never receive a reply). Moreover, i think international credit card is not acceptable for the agents on Qunar.

As you are abroad, i would suggest www.ctrip.com which is a bit more expensive but they do accept international credit card, which makes it possible to buy ticket in advance. Do check the price on both Chinese and English version. Price sometimes are different for the same flight, but both language versions allow you to pay with international credit card.