Chinese-Forums

Where to find information about the "100 days Reform"?

HinDL

Greetings.

I'm searching for informations about "Guangxu" and his "100 Days Reform". I was searching the web but as I'm quite new to chinese history wasn't able to find enough information about this topic.

I have to do a work for my studies and have no idea what books to read, wether what web sites to search. If anybody can post a link to a biography of Guangxu or to a timetable of the 100 days reform I would be very thankful. Or just name some books i can get in the library.

Excuse my sloppy english, I'm out of train :)

Thank you for your efforts.

Sterling Seagrave wrote a nice book about the Empress Dowager Cixi that provides a more human look at the court that you get in most histories. The sections on the 100 Days Reform would be worth your looking at, although the entire book is worth reading if you're reading a lot of English language sources about the period.

The "100 Days Reform" is also called the "Wuxu Reform", "Wuxu" being the name of that year ( 1898 ). Perhaps you could find more information using this name.

I think you could easily find the biography of Emperor Guangxu using most search engines.