Chinese-Forums

"Deskies" share your desk/study area

Shelley

@yst what a great place to hang brushes.

I went and spent money on a brush hanger with little hooks and a wooden frame, it looks nice but i could have saved a bundle :)

Knew I would learn something from this thread as well as it being interesting.

@OneEye so tidy, I am envious, i think it reflects on how tidy and organized your brain must be. My desk is as chaotic as my brain, always more than one thing on the go.

@OneEye so tidy, I am envious, i think it reflects on how tidy and organized your brain must be.

No, it's more like a desperate struggle to keep it from reflecting the madness within. It's a race against entropy (both the desk and the brain). You haven't seen all the wild scrawling in the notebooks. :D

• Like 1

I see or rather i don't, I can see it on your shelf but the books on your desk are in shadow and I can't quite read the titles.

Is this something for Japanese or is it something I should know about and as usual I am slow in keeping up :)

That looks like a nice big desk to spread out out on skylee.

It is interesting seeing people's desks because most have their computer there too, so I imagine this is where they are chatting on Chinese forums, its almost like putting a name to a face, when I see posts from people who have posted their "deskie" I will be able to think that this is the surroundings they are doing it in.

When I said computer i meant any device you might use to access the internet or use for learning Chinese. I have my PC for most of my daily computing needs both business and pleasure, my tablet for pleco, skritter as well as lot of other things.

@Skylee, given how you keep your real life very much off the forums, it feels strangely personal to see a picture of your desk. (And I wish I kept mine that tidy.)

I considered taking part in the shelfie thread earlier but when I took pictures of my shelves it felt like too personal (or identifyable?) a thing to put on the internet. Passing on this one as well I'm afraid. My desk is horribly messy anyway.

• Like 2

@Lu it is a shame but understandable you feel this way.

I am not sure anyone could make any use of the picture of my desk to find out anything I don't want them to know. Should I worry? I don't know but I don't think I will :)