Chinese-Forums

Computer HSK 3 past tests/format

cowlegend999

I will be taking the computer hsk 3 test on Saturday. I I want to do some past tests to help prepare for it, but online I have only been able to find past written tests. Are there any computer practice tests available? If not, is there anywhere the says what each question on the test will be? (So I don't need to waste time during the test trying to figure out what a question is asking me to do). Thank you!

The computer tests and written tests have exactly the same format and type of questions but you will just be using keyboard for the the computer tests and typing pinyin! You can download these to look at some practice tests and get as good idea of the questions they will ask. Be mindful of the time while you are doing the test. 

Thank you for the response! For anyone who is curious I completed the test last Saturday, and I think overall I did pretty well. Originally I was worried about the listening section, since my listening is not very good, but even though I often had problem understanding what the dialogues were saying, I think I was still able to choose the correct response most of the time. Reading was quite easy for me so I would be surprised if I don't do very well on that section. For writing I found the constructing a sentence part a bit difficult because for some of them I didn't know what some of the vocabulary meant and therefore couldn't figure out what to try and say. The pinyin character part was super easy however, so I still think I did pretty good on the writing section. I plan to take the hsk 4 test in 2 or 3 months. If I learn the new vocab, I think I should be good for the reading and writing sections, but ill be very nervous for the listening since my listening is already not very good, and I'm guessing the Hsk 4s listening is much harder. Also, I only get one chance to hear the dialogue each time in hsk 4, so if they are much longer I will really struggle. I guess I will see how much I have progressed once it gets closer to the test date and then decide if I think I am ready or not, and in the meantime I can wait for my hsk3 result to see if I did as well as I think I did.

• Like 2