Chinese-Forums

ESL e-Learning in China

larrybdow

• New Members

I work with a Canadian company that is developing an e-Learning product for primary students. We are currently piloting it with a government school in Beijing using a Canadian ESL teacher to train the local school teachers. 

In 2015 we are planning a new version for private after school ESL teachers. We would like to contact teachers currently working in China to discuss issues and potential.

One of our managers is in Beijing from Oct 29 to Nov 4 and would like to meet with any interested teachers.  

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice website. It doesn't have any information on what your "revolutionary" product/course actually is though. It looks like it includes an App, if that's the case, why no screen shots? There is obviously some teacher component, how does that work?

Unless i'm missing something or my browser is playing tricks on me, your website doesn't tell me any details, just advertising.

I work in a school in Beijing, yes! Could be interested but I'd need more information.

• New Members

The website isn't intended to have product specific information, it is for advertising purposes.

I posted my original message before a trip by one of our managers to Beijing, we wanted to meet with some ESL teachers, describe our product and discuss our plans for a new version for private teachers. We had several meetings and got their comments on it's applicability in their personal teaching situations. It was very positive.

We use blended learning which combines kid-driven, game-based learning in a collaborative virtual community with online teacher support when needed.

We will be following up with more private ESL teachers in China in early 2015. I'd be happy to arrange a meeting with you if your interested? 

Larrybdow, even if it is for advertising purposes, without any details it's difficult for anybody to take it seriously. With the possible exception of being focused on entrepreneurship, I don't really see anything on the site that would suggest that this is revolutionary.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of "revolutionary" ideas from charlatans out there and the field is old enough that very few people claiming to have a revolutionary idea actually do.

That's not to say that yours isn't one of the exceptions, I don't have any real information to go on, but without anything to back it up, I'd be rather skeptical.

• New Members

There is nothing wrong with being skeptical and I'm not trying to get anyone to declare any interest in our project. ChTTay asked me to post our website, so I did. I would never suggest that it was anything more than a public billboard. Read it or ignore it, the choice is yours, we're not selling anything from the website. 

The purpose of my original post on this forum was to find ESL teachers for private meetings in Beijing prior to Nov 4. We wanted to share ideas and get feedback to help us plan new products for the future. From other sources we found teachers and had some great meetings with very useful feedback.

It's too late for meetings but I answered these posts because I get emails indicating you replied. Responding seemed the polite thing to do but there's no point in discussing our work/projects on a forum, it's not the place for it.

Sorry for the confusion.

@larrybdow, don't worry about it. The point I was making is that if you're intending on using the site for advertisement, then you'll probably want to put more information on there as right now it doesn't really give me any ideas what the method even is.

No real need to respond to me, it can become a rather vicious cycle of people responding to respond.

Not sure my post justified the sensitivity in your post.

My initial confusion and point remains.

A:"Would you like to meet to discuss ideas?"

B:"Ideas about what?"

A:"Our revolutionary new product that combines apps, child-centered learning and teachers"

A:"Okay, sure, so what's your actual product? Are you trying to find teachers to employ? You want to discuss ideas about your product... What is that?"

B: there's no point discussing this on a forum.

Discussing what? I don't know what your company is or what you propose to sell.

How could anyone know if it would be worth meeting you if they don't know what they are meeting to discuss... Beyond some ideas they've managed to glean from some vague advertising.

Sorry if you feel these posts have wasted your time.