Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship for Fall 2015

ithelps

So, anyone has started their application? I'm preparing my documents.

I will apply for language studies and apparently you only need one person recommending you (source: http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/42466-csc-scholarship-2014-general-discussion/) but  I still managed to get three letters. I got one from the director of my Master, one from a language teacher and one from an employer where I did an internship.

My diploma is not in english though, and I'm wondering if anybody knows if I can translate it myself?

Does anyone know where I can find more information on applying directly to  universities for language/masters programs?

This is my first post but I've been reading the forums for a long time and I have to say the amount of information here is fantastic, I'm just looking for something specifically about applying directly to institutions.  Most of what I come across mentions direct application as some other possible route but does not offer any specific information.  I already have reference letters and am in contact with admissions staff, but I just feel a little in the dark as most of what I read is about sending stuff to your embassy, which I currently do not plan on doing.

Hey,

I have had some trouble getting into contact with the San Francisco Consulate. Do you suppose I should send my application packet to the Embassy in DC.

I now work in Chengdu, I was planning on using my previous health check for my application, is that an issue? 

Is there a specific address to send your application, or do you just send it to the Consulate/Embassy general address? 

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

I have a question if anyone would be kind enough to assist with.  What do they mean by "Study Plan" if we are going for language.  I don't know what they're looking for as it feels like my study plan is to do what the teacher says and study diligently.  It's not independent study.. it's a class!  

Is there an example somewhere of the type of things we should say?

谢谢您们

@ DongLian: check this thread (http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/13983-csc-scholarship-archives/) for more informations about the study plan.

You also have a .pdf example at the end of the first post of this thread (http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/42466-csc-scholarship-2014-general-discussion/).

As for me, I am currently based in Beijing. When I arrived here in mid-September, I got the health check-up as a requirement for my residence permit. They gave me several copies of the health certificate.

It does state on the certificate that the results are valid for six months--that's good for me; my certificates will still be valid for use in my CSC application. kentobox, I think you could use a health certificate from a previous check-up, provided it was within the past six months.

As for my study plan, I am simply going to say what I intend to do at a Chinese university and how I would take advantage of a university's offerings to further my studies and my knowledge of Chinese language and culture, and how that will help me in my future. I won't stress over this so much. My primary focus will simply be making sure I get all of the documents required as well as notarized copies.

Good luck to all in preparing your applications!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

You also have a .pdf example at the end of the first post of this thread (http://www.chinese-f...ral-discussion/).

No disrespect meant to kdavid, as that was well written and I believe it did help kdavid get a scholarship, but when I looked at that, in my mind, it read more like a biographical statement rather than a study plan. It focused more on kdavid's past and why kdavid is qualified to get a scholarship to study, rather than as an actual study plan itself, a plan of study, an intention of what one would do at a Chinese university.

Just my one and a half jiao.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

kentobox,

I found this regarding the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC:

http://www.sino-education.org/english/contactus.htm

On the following home page:

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/

...at the top, I went from Services --> Educational Affairs --> Contact Us.

It has a list of people possibly involved in this as well as an address.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@somethingfunny, sorry it is a little late but this is what I know:

when you apply directly to the institutions/Universities, you still go through the same process, need same documents. One thing you pay attention is "The Agency Number". Every university has its specific number, when you fill the online application form, you should put down the Agency No for your first choice of University. 

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/39094-csc-scholarship-2013-general-discussion/  this has them all. 

Only thing I am not clear is that when we apply directly to Universities, do we have to send application documents to all three choices, or just the first choice. 

I feel like we have to send applications form to all three choices. But what happens when second and third choices see that they are not the first U we want to get in? 

@Chris Two Times    thank you, I was able to reach the SF Consulate through their Visa office.

There is a mailing list you need to get on for all SF consulate area applicants. Heads up to anyone applying.

kentobox你好! I am also applying to the scholarship, but i heard all the embassies just send the application to Washington DC . Is it easier to send it all to DC instead?

P.S. Is anyone needing the physical for foreigner? I have a pdf if anyone needs it. :)

Hi. While filling the csc form, a column says 'can you be taught in English? I chose 'NO' cus I want the 'panel' to think of me as chinese language craved only. I can be taught in English I speak fluently. a friend advised I select 'YES'. What y'all think? I need help. Or maybe that doesn't really matter.

Hi. While filling the csc form, a column says 'can you be taught in English? I chose 'NO' cus I want the 'panel' to think of me as chinese language craved only. I can be taught in English I speak fluently. a friend advised I select 'YES'. What y'all think? I need help. Or maybe that doesn't really matter.

Nihao Mordec! i think if you put your mother language (母语) as something besides english, you can choose 'NO'. or else they might be confused.

maybe it was used incase a chinese-taught major had too many students, and all that was left was the english-taught major. I think it won't matter for you :)

Voyager2014,

Thanks for your reply.  Partly I was kind of hoping there would be some people on the forum that had applied successfully through this route and perhaps they could share their experiences.  I get the impression that most of the successful applications I have read were made from people applying to their respective embassies.

Hey guys.. so I was looking at the CSC Scholarship Archive (http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/13983-csc-scholarship-archives/)

It says that our medical form should only take 20 min.. but with things like an ECC and Chest XRay on there, how the hell is that possible?  Do I possibly have the wrong form?  (see attached) 

But yeah.. 

This is intense XD lolol

Good news is I already got my preadmissions letter from Anshan Normal University.  My first choice because I want to go to a smaller, less english-capable area and I have a Scottish contact there that answered a lot of questions.  They're really quick to get back to me too at that school, which I love!

Anyway, any insight on the medical form is appreciated too!

Hello. I am from Romania and I want to apply for a Language program in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, My question is can I apply for 2 years scholarship of Chinese Language or only for 1?I saw different dates for the dateline. On the university;s website is on the 31 of May, on Csc the dateline is in April and for European countries the dateline is on the 30th of March. What should I do? I know this question has been previously asked but I want to make sure. Can I apply on my on for the scholarship  through the CSC scholarship?

Thanks