Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship for Fall 2015

ithelps

Hi guys,

I have two questions: 1. I applied for the Chinese government scholarship a few years ago and noticed on the onine form a section asking 'Have you ever applied to the Chinese Scholarship?', 'institution' and 'time engaged'. What do they mean by 'time engaged?' as in the application period or the year the scholarship was meant to have been for if successful?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Sorry please pals.

I have a different question. I noted that Shanghai University does not charge application fee for CSC applications. Please does anyone know other Universities that do not charge applications fee. The cost of postage from Nigeria is biting already, adding application fee of about 800 rmb is really tasking for me.

I think I am going to follow DongLian's lead and apply for a two-year language study-only scholarship for universities in the North(east) starting in Fall 2016.

DongLian, if you are around, I would love to hear how your experiences have been for you after one semester on the two-year scholarship at Anshan Normal University.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• 1 month later...

Please somebody help, Sorry for worrying anyone with my need,,,

I had made a post for quite sometime now but nobody is saying anything about my post.

I noted that Shanghai University does not charge application fee for CSC applications. Please does anyone know other Universities that do not charge applications fee. The cost of postage from Nigeria is biting already, adding application fee of about 800 rmb which many Universities charge is really tasking for me. 

If you apply through the Chinese embassy in Nigeria, where the embassy is recommending you for the scholarship, there is no application fee. There is something called agency code you need to write when applying. If the embassy is nominating you, you should write their code and send your application documents there. No matter what school you choose, there is no application fee. 

Unless, you need a pre-admission notice from the university before applying at the embassy and then the university wants applicants to pay an application fee.

http://iso.fudan.edu.cn/downloads/ylqtzs_en20160112.pdf

Only after paying the application fee can the applicants download the form (pdf version) and print it.

(2) A photocopy of personal information page of the passport, and it should be valid until Sep. 30. 2016.
(3) Hardcopy of the Award Letter

However, if you apply at the university (by mailing your documents, or submitting your documents online), you will probably have to pay an application fee. In this case you should use the agency code of the university. 

Whether or not there is a fee, and how high it is depends on the individual university. 

Most universities are charging an application fee. Some fees are higher, others lower. 

Shanghai University is the first school I have seen where there is no application fee. Unfortunately, I don't know any other schools. 

http://www.apply.shu.edu.cn/sys/web/Courses_Detail.asp?id=675

http://www.apply.shu.edu.cn/sys/web/Scholarships.asp

http://www.apply.shu.edu.cn/sys/web/Scholarships.asp?id=58

We don’t charge registration fee for scholarship application.

So Shanghai University charges an application fee, but they do not charge any application fees for scholarship application.