Chinese-Forums

Medical exam from native country for work visa

mrzhanj

• New Members

I am from England but I am going to China in December looking for a job in Guangzhou. I will go to China on a tourist visa and hope to find a company to give me a job and a work visa.

I have been told by a recruiter I should ensure to bring all relevant documents but when I queried what the relevant documents were he said he does not know confused.gif

I will of course bring passport birth certificate drivers license and any other papers I have of my existence. But my question is should I get some sort of medical exam signed by my English doctor ?

I have read a few times on the web that sometimes when applying for a Z visa you need a signed and stamped medical exam from your country of residence doctor

Has anyone here done this before? What I don't want is to fly to China, find a job then be told I have to fly back to England for a 30 minute check up with my doctor. This could be costly and time consuming.

Any advice is very much appreciated thank you for your time my friends smile.gif

I am absolutely no expert when it comes to these matters ( in red cos I don't want you miss it) but I have read many posts about this sort of thing and one of the things I have picked up is that going to china to look for a job is not the usual way round.

First you find a job and then you get all the relevant documents and then you get the correct visa, usually you will need a medical for this and then you go to china.

Sometimes you also have to get a medical in china.

As I say I have no experience with visas, job hunting in china but I have not heard of any one doing it the way round you have said.

Hope it goes well.

But my question is should I get some sort of medical exam signed by my English doctor ?

No, do not do that. Waste of money.

I have read a few times on the web that sometimes when applying for a Z visa you need a signed and stamped medical exam from your country of residence doctor

This is wrong information.

If you need a medical exam, do it in China. It's easy and cheap.

From all of your replies, does this mean that going to china to find work is now possible?  I was not sure that this was possible.

I was under the impression that to get a work visa you had to have job to go to and if you you get a job on tourist visa you have to leave the country and apply for a work visa.

As I said I don't know anything about this subject save for what I read on these forums and one day out of idle curiosity I went to the embassy website and read all the requirements and conditions for all of the different visas.

To apply for a China work visa after you find a qualified employer, you need to bring more documents including bachelor degree certificate, no-criminal record certificate, 2-year work reference letter, resume.

As for medical examination, you can do it when you are in China. The health check report in your home country is subject to verification in China. Thus you can only do once when you are in China. 

For more details, please refer to http://www.cn-visa.com/beijing_work_visa_application.asp

• 3 weeks later...

If your plan is to go to Hong Kong to obtain the work visa then you can get a medical certificate from the relevant hospital in China before going over the border.

I have known one person who, back in 2008, got a medical in China then went back to the UK to apply for the work visa. He had to go to the UK for family reasons anyway and thought the Chinese medical would save him money and time. However, the embassy in London refused the Chinese medical and required a UK doctor's medical.

This summer (2014), another friend did a Hong Kong run for work visa. He did not take a medical certificate (forgot it) and the Hong Kong office didn't ask him for one either. He did need a Chinese medical though, when he returned to China and applied for his residency permit. I do suspect that his case was abnormal. Other friends who have got visas via Hong Kong in prior years used China obtained medicals.

One thing to check is that when the 'letter of invitation' is made out for your work visa application, that it is marked with 'apply in Hong Kong' or similar words, not 'apply in UK'.

My own personal experience was that I got a medical in the UK. It was cheap. My doctor charged just £10 for it. He didn't do any x-rays or blood samples. He just checked my blood pressure, eyes, ears and throat, ticked all the boxes and signed the bottom of the form. Of course, once you are in China and changing the Z-visa to a residency permit, you must get a Chinese examined medical to replace the home sourced one so if you can just do it in China, once, it saves on a little time.

• Like 1