Chinese-Forums

The Chairman's Bao

thechairmansbao

Hi Zander, our development team are currently on with the full platform rebuild which will be released within the next six weeks. Apologies for the inconvenience and we are confident that this will speed things up. We also just migrated our servers which seems to have sped things up considerably. Thank you for your patience whilst we iron these issues out.

Hi 杰.克, we had a small amount of downtime today and the site is now back up and running. Thank you for your comment!

• 4 weeks later...

I'd agree that the website has got faster (it is still quite slow though...)

Just wanted to say that despite my complaints I still think TCB is a really great resource for learning, and I feel it has improved my reading more than anything else. It's been nice to slowly move from the HSK 4 articles up to 6+ (what I am reading at the moment). Each article still has a decent amount of new vocabulary so will definitely keep using this for the foreseeable future. I'm not sure how much the gap is between 6+ and native content but am happy to slowly continue to increase my vocabulary at the moment.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, imron said:

Pushing the limits of your abilities is how you expand those limits

Yeah I know - I'm not too worried. I remember when reading the level 4 articles was impossible, as with 5, 6, 6+, I have no doubt the same thing will happen when reading native content :mrgreen: 

I don't feel disheartened I am up to level 5 now. Even if you don't recognise every character you can still roughly work out the meaning with a dictionary. It is slow going but 坚持就是胜利!

TCB Team - Not sure if you're still monitoring this thread but wanted to let you know my firefox now flags your website as unsafe and encourages me not to login, I think it's because you are currently not on HTTPS. Something you might want to look into, not least as it might not be too attractive to potential customers to see a big red DO NOT ENTER sign when they check out your site!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I also want to leave an additional feedback. I noticed that the news stories are really about very "light" topics. These are not stories you normally read on a newspaper. Why are you guys afraid to put stories about tragedies (the word "dead" is I believe a basic word when learning another language, once you are passed the tourist level) such as car accidents, fires etc. Or about politics? Donald Trump etc? I do enjoy the economics stories though (About Alibaba etc!)

TheChairmansBaoTeam

Dear I_Forget, 

Thanks for the comment. We have done polls in the past on what type of content people would predominantly prefer to see and it very much revolves around non-main stream news that you wouldn't generally find in your mainstream Western newspapers - we therefore focus mostly on China relevant news that most Western users wouldn't have otherwise seen or read previously. Due to the slight time delay it takes to publish a lesson, we also generally try to steer clear of breaking news, and focus more on timeless news that could be read at any date and still be relevant and interesting. With regards to more tragic stories, I will relay this to the team, but we do not intentionally avoid this type of story. 

Thanks for your feedback anyway. 

Regards,

Team TCB

Admin note: Closed this as we had two discussions about the same service. Continue here.

• Like 2