Chinese-Forums

Lu gets press-ganged as a moderator

Shelley

There are a few, although none particularly active. Gato and others have mod status in the Classical Chinese forum I think, Haoyu has mod status for whatever forum the CSC topics are in, as he helped out there a lot.

Right Lu, now you've got to tell me off for posting off-topic!

I'm conflicted. On one hand: thanks for the congratulations & upvotes! On the other hand I've only been a mod for about 12 hours and you all are already undermining my authority; and on yet another hand it would feel very weird to split off another thread dedicated to the discussion of my own new mod status.

Please everyone, get back ontopic! Or I might be tempted to try and see if I can close the thread.

No. I actually want to change the way that works, anyway - I think people should be able to see who makes upvotes. I'm less sure about that for downvotes (I think most people would stop using them, tbh), so maybe just stop having them. They are useful to track who the membership are annoyed by though.

Anyway, who would ever downvote Lu? 

Downvotes are actually very rare - last three months has seen an average of 60 per month, which is only two per day. That compares to 900+ upvotes. 

I'm less sure about that for downvotes (I think most people would stop using them, tbh), so maybe just stop having them.

I'm scared of downvoting by accident. The buttons are close together, the arrows are too small to discern and I can't tell apart the colours. Doo eet.