Chinese-Forums

Raise in Foreign Student Subsidies?

habote

Finally students at Zhejiang University received the backpay (7 months) and their stipends for April.  8)

Edit:

Just got this email 

中国政府奖学金的生活费已经提高(提高后的生活费包括一次性安置费、教材费、和门诊医疗费),因此学校本月起不再报销中国政府奖学金生的门诊医疗费(个人全年门诊医疗费超过650元,可申请报销650元以上的部分门诊费,每天最多门诊费不能超过600院,需将相关医院记录和医院费票据由留学生办公室寄送到北京负责留学生保险的公司报销),中国政府奖学金生的教材费本月起自理。

The monthly allowance of CSC scholarship student has been increased (increased amount including settle-up fee, learning materials fee and clinical medical expense) . Therefore, the University does not refund clinical medical expense of CSC scholarship students from this month (if one's yearly clinical medical expense is more than 650 Chinese Yuan, one could apply for refunding partial medical expense over the quota of 650 Yuan, no more than 600 Chinese Yuan per day, all hospital record and fee receipts should be sent to International Student Insuran Company in Beijing for refunding examination); CSC scholarship students have to pay learning materials fee from this month.

In ZJUT in Hanghou we are supposed to receive the backpay together with stipend for April on the last day of the month, which is about 2 months before the end of the academic year... Anyway we shouldn't be complaining. The raise for current scholarship students and the backpay are a great surprise and we will get all the money sooner or later :) And question about what we will spend the money for? Really? :) Gambling, KTV and baijiu :D

That is a good idea Angelina. Maybe I should do that.

Nope I meant we will be paying 200 each = 400元.And my roommate nd I both leave our computers on 24/7.

And today, the office people came to tell us to pay 385元 for textbooks we got this semester. I have the ebook versions and I am tempted to take them back to the office ha.

I wanted to save my money, send it home to my account so that I dont get seduced by Taobao. Or use it to fly to thailand then home in Summer. That is if, our office doesnt swallow our money because now there is a rumor going around that if you miss class, they deduct 200元. Hahaha, yeahhhh right. Try that.

Anyways, we recieved 2500 yesterday but not our 7000. I think they said first we must pay for the textbooks then they will give us the rest. Pffftttt

I think your school is a bit cruel, LadyFeroz. To ask for the book fees back...I would probably just return the books if I hadn't written on them.

Today we finally had the meeting with the teachers to discuss the changes. I hope I understood everything (I got bored and stopped listening at the last quarter of the meeting).

According to the teachers, the csc sends the bulk of the money for the first year at the beginning of the year. This covers tuition, books, allowance, medical insurance, etc. Apparently, if what the csc sends isn't enough to cover tuition, the school waivers the remaining fee. As I am now considered in the 3rd category of the scholarship (medicine), the school tuition will now be paid in full.

The teachers said that they have already initiated payment (from September last year). Although I have no idea when I'll actually receive the money. It should be some time this month...I hope.

About the medical insurance...they said that before the changes, you would have been able to get a refund from the school if you had to go to the doctor for something mild. Had it costed e.g. 200 yuan, the school would have been able to refund the costs. However, we are told that now with the new policies, the insurance will only cover anything that's 600 yuan...and it has to be at designated hospitals. I don't really care because if something serious happens to me I will just flyback home, where medical costs are "free".