Chinese-Forums

First CantoDict app - Hanping Cantonese Dictionary for Android

markcarter

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Along with all the new features in the recent Hanping Chinese Dictionary updates (improved tagging system, support for making notes on any word, better homescreen widgets, improved clipboard notifications) we've also added a Soundboard allowing you to easily hear all the single-syllable sounds in Cantonese.  First select the initial or final, and then play/compare the various sounds.

soundboard-syllables.thumb.png.a40fdffbc2155fe61031503b75edfed5.pngsoundboard-final-an.thumb.png.003b4ce8f9f19eb68207af42de452db2.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I would love to try out hanping Cantonese, but can't seem to find an accessible download link in mainland China, only the hanping Chinese lite+pro on qq. I was under the impression hanping Cantonese is a separate app - if I get hanping Chinese pro does that include both mandarin and Cantonese?

13 hours ago, 滕腾勝 said:

I would love to try out hanping Cantonese, but can't seem to find an accessible download link in mainland China

Currently, the only way to purchase is through the Google Play Store. The best (and probably only) way to do this from within mainland China would be to use a VPN. Most of the VPN providers have a free trial period so you could take advantage of that.  Here is a somewhat old (but still mostly relevant forum post about this): http://hanpingchinese.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22

9 hours ago, 陳德聰 said:

Any plans for iOS version? 

Maybe in future, but currently focussing on Android.