Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Well, Chinese embassies also don't work during Chinese public holidays, so they will receive it after they get back from holiday. I guess this info refers to the fact that during CNY post, DHL, etc. also doesn't deliver packages, and sometimes it can lead to lost deliverables.

I guess this info refers to the fact that during CNY post, DHL, etc. also doesn't deliver packages, and sometimes it can lead to lost deliverables.

Wooo! I freaked out even more. Will definitely  wait till they get back to work.

@ lfyin In the application for a pre-admission letter I told about the program I was interested in and submitted:

-motivation letter (in English),

-copy of passport,

-study plan (in English), 

-notarized copies of the highest degree and the transcripts in my native language,

-notarized translation from my native language into English of the highest degree and transcripts,

-HSK and HSKK certificates,

-TOEFL,

-abstract of my published researching paper in English,

-copies of the certificates and transcripts obtained at CUC in Beijing (language studies),

-Certificate of Excellence, awarded by CUC in Beijing,

-Certificate of Excellence, awarded by Confucius Institute (in my country)

-copy of Chinese Language Course Certificate, Confucius Institute (in my country), in my native language stapled with the notarized translation from Serbian into English

Too many pages :lol:

Hello guys 好久不见! lol

I'm finishing up my materials.. will send everything by March 7th or so.  Does anyone know if we are to apply for Visa right away or do we wait until we "get" the scholarship (acceptance letter or whatever).

Thanks!

@ DongLian :clap  :clap

We wait until we "get" the scholarship. :mrgreen:  When we apply for visa, we need admission letter and JW202 forms from university. University sends all of the required documents to students. Because I was awarded Confucius Institute Scholarship in 2012, I know about the application process for visa. :mrgreen:   

Have you received a pre-admission letter?

Hey - I am based in the UK, and I have been unable to access the csc.edu.cn family of websites these past few days - it seems like they are down. These are the websites with detailed information about all the different scholarshp programs, universities, etc... Is anyone else having this problem by any chance?

@Xiaowei  Yes I have a pre-admissions letter.. I didn't know if that was enough or not.  I suppose I can email my contact at the university and ask when they will send the formal admission letter but I will prob just wait until the scholarship is confirmed.  I just didn't know how long visa processing took for students.. I can't remember how long my working visa took a few years ago.

@ DongLian  :clap  :clap

Don`t worry, it doesn`t take long time to get visa as a scholarship student. But you have to wait to have the scholarship approved by the CSC and to get admission letter from the uni in accordance with the CSC`s decision.

DongLian - the results are usually announced early July or late July, but for some strange reason the officials announced my result late August last year (so late!), but the uni contacted me on July 2 (so they already knew about my result by then), and the embassy contacted me on July 5th if I'm not mistaken. But yeah, you will probably get the official result early July. Which means you will have all of August to process your visa. It takes approximately 1 week to process the visa (for most countries).

*Remember that when you get to China, you will have to convert your visa to a resident's permit as soon as you can.

Donglian了不起! you are ahead of us! i still need recommendation letters and college transcript.

I am in the same boat as Ifyin; how did you call the university Dong Lian? did you use your house phone and dial +86, or did you use skype?

@inte, I don't know what happened, maybe you are right, but that friend hasn't replied to me yet, so I am looking for other ways to apply for a scholarship. Can I introduce one agency number, submit the application for one time of scholarship and then introduce another agency number for another scholarship?

@Andreea, usually people only apply one scholarship at a time, so no need to introduce two different agency numbers. the committee would be so confused if they see two different scholarship applications for one person. but if your friend used Romania's embassy number on his application, maybe he did this:

first your friend copied the original documents. he then sent copies to his university, then copied more and sent those (with his scholarship application) to romania's chinese embassy?

how would you feel about applying through your embassy?

@ andreea and inte You are allowed to apply twice or more times. I read in the forum that last year some applicants (for graduate studies) applied for both Bilateral Program and Chinese University Program. And they were awarded the scholarships! :mrgreen:

@Xiaowei

In theory, you can. However, if you apply for two programs, then CSC has authority to decide which one to fund for you - and it can be a bad change for you. My former classmate applied for a Master's with one of the Municipality scholarship and for a language program with EU Window. The university with the Master's program then noticed him that he already won a language program with CSC, therefore they couldn't enroll him to the Master's program.

@Ifyin

BeiDa now welcomes language scholarship students again? Back in 2010-2012, you couldn't be enrolled to BeiDa as a CSC language scholarship student... Aiming for BeiDa sounds a good plan, but be a little bit more realistic and have some plan B as well, because getting into C9 universities can be a tough road as a language scholarship student.