Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

I think the safest thing to do at this point, would be for everyone to check and subsequently post their laihua status, go!

The number of times this has been covered in this thread and still you ignore all reasonable advice and encourage others to do the same, while also inflating the size of the thread with meaningless posts.

No I don't wat does it mean? 

knikkiboo, ignore it/him, it doesn't mean anything

The status on the laihua application form doesn't mean anything.

I have my acceptance letter and JW201 and mine says "still checking".

Anyone know how the CSC will arrange the housing?

Will they take care of it after I show up on registration day, or should I come earlier to manage the housing arrangement myself?

----------------------- Here's my bio

1) What is your native country? Indonesia
2) Where did you apply? Peking University. I also lodged applications to Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, but always put China as my priority. Want to learn mandarin language and study about Chinese impressive economic transformation :) 
3) When did you apply? March
4) When was the deadline? "April"
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? Master in Public Policy (Taught in English)
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Peking University
8) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes
9) What agency number did you use? Peking University
10) Where did you get your physical done? Jakarta, Indonesia, haven't taken the physical test though. Maybe next week.
11) Did you get your documents notarized?
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes.  
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No.
14) How were you notified? Email
15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted, full scholarship from CSC.
16) What school and program were you accepted to? Peking University, Masters in Public Policy.
17) Laihua status?

• Like 1

For those asking about accommodation, I strongly recommend contacting your university about this.  There is nothing in my acceptance letter or attached materials which mentions the accommodation but when I asked in person they said I could move in after August 20th and it would probably be the "East dorms" indicating it hadn't been finalised yet.  In your acceptance materials there will probably be instructions about where to go once you arrive in China.  However, I would at the very least have the name and address of a nearby hotel written down, just incase anything goes wrong.

@dgenx

Fudan more or less accepted students back on March 30, sent out nomination e-mails for the scholarship on June 1st, and e-mailed final results saying they were mailing things out 7 days ago (I just looked, got it wrong above).

If you didn't apply through Fudan, there might still be a chance. Did you apply through an embassy? Did you get a pre-admissions letter or try applying as a self-funding student to get admitted?

July 14- Called CSC Beijing Office to ask if they've released the results for Scholarship (bilateral program) to our embassy, they said not yet 

July 16- Called CSC Beijing Office again. This time, they told me they've DHLed the packages already to our embassy here in the Philippines... AND that they emailed the list as well to our representative from the embassy. I was very ecstatic at this point. FINALLY! 

I have the contact for the representative in our embassy. I called her to know if I was in the list.... AND she's currently on leave. I died for 5 seconds..  :wall

She'll be back thursday next week. Which means that I may know the results during that time, and very impossible to know it earlier. And yes, I also called the CSC if maybe they can tell me if I was in the list that they emailed to our embassy, as expected, no. They cannot divulge any information about the scholarship to students (as i think, it would bypass the authority of the dispatching authority?) 

Lol.. the wait continues... im losing my sanity.

To everyone asking about housing:

I have gotten the scholarship once before. I am a Canadian student and I had a full scholarship. I went to Beijing Language and Culture University. I was directed to go to the housing office to register once I arrived on campus. The first thing they did was give me a dorm room. As far as I know, if you get a scholarship, they have to give you housing on campus. At my school is you wanted to upgrade to a better dorm or a single room you had to pay the difference. I think that students who lived off campus were given no money for housing. To get money for housing, you had to live on campus.