Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Hi, everyone! Didn't want to write the results untill I get the package from my univeristy even though I got admitted at the end of June. But today is the day! So with the admission notice in my hands I'm ready to share my experience: 

1) What is your native country? Ukraine
2) Where did you apply? 浙江大学,武汉大学,中山大学,中国传媒大学
3) When did you apply? from the end of Feb to the mid of March
4) When was the deadline? As far as I remember, Wuhan and Zhongshan - Mar, 15; Zhejiang - Apr, 20; Chuanmei - April
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? Wuhan and Zhejiang - Journalism and Communication, Zhongshan - Applied Linguistics, Chuanmei - TV&Radio Broadcasting
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? applied directly, so one application form - one university. 
8) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No
9) What agency number did you use? 10033 for Chuanmei, 10486 Wuhan, 10335 Zhejiang, 10558 Zhongshan.
10) Where did you get your physical done? In Kiev City Hospital
11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes, in my university in Ukraine
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes.  
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No.
14) How were you notified? Email
15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted, June, 24
16) What school and program were you accepted to? 中国传媒大学 (Communication University of China), 传播学 (研究生)
17) Laihua status? checking
  • Like 1

Congrats to everyone who got it so far, so happy for everyone!

I want to point out that those of you in Europe who applied for the CSC scholarship with an award letter but didn't end up on the EU window list...it's 2 different scholarships!

If you applied with an award letter from your Chinese embassy you have to wait for your country's CSC scholarship winners list. Some embassies publish some time in July, others will contact you even as late as some time around August. It seems to be the same thing every year, the uni list are published online, then the EU window list and finally the regional CSC list (never published online, it's usually your embassy or MOE that contacts you directly). Those who are still waiting (very impatiently lol) I wish you good luck and I am keeping my fingers crossed!

• Like 2

Toro - Notify the university of your arrival date. If you are arriving on a weekend or at an inconvenient time, e.g. in the early hours of the morning or late at night, some university dorms have people at the reception 24hrs a day, other universities will be horrible enough to tell you to book a hotel and then come see them at a convenient time. BLCU is quite organized, they might even arrange airport pickup.

For the first month, CSC students are generally given their allowance in cash. "When" is now a big question, because last year BLCU gave my friends their one-time allowance as soon as they arrived. Their first month allowance was given after registration. This year, with the implementation of the new CSC policy, people are saying that there will no longer be that one-time subsidiary allowance. Perhaps you will be kind enough to share your experience there when the time comes.

No matter which university you'll be going to, I suggest carrying some extra money or ATM card with you in case they delay with the allowance. Maybe enough to support you for a month or two.

• Like 3

lolol better question @Azam

Anyone find out anything? XD I'm not even surprised

OH China.. you're such a stress-inducer :lol: it'd be funnier if I wasn't stressed about having time to do my student visa before I LEAVE!!! lol I leave the US on Aug 15th for Canada.

I got email from CSC in response to my inquiry.. they said that embassies should be receiving the results within the week.. so every who applied through embassies give it another week.. we're in the home stretch. :)