Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

1) What is your native country? The Bahamas

2) Where did you apply? Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration, Embassy of the PRC in the Commonwealth of The Bahamas

3) When did you apply? February 2015

4) When was the deadline? March 6th, 2015 

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes/No, I applied last year and didn't make it past screening. I did this year though! 

6) What program did you apply for? Bachelors degree

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Huazhong University of Science and Technology, I don't remember the other two as I just wanted to get into HUST.

8 )Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? 0441

10) Where did you get your physical done? Private Clinic/ testing centers

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes what needed to be.

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, Applied to HUST for a pre-admission letter, but I goofed and also paid my application fee....

14) How were you notified? Email.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted, July 23

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Central China Normal University, for language prep and Huazhong University of Science and Technology (International Economics and Trade.

17) Laihua status? After March I couldnt get back in for nothing in the world, so who knows.... :)

• Like 1

Guys haven't you notice that everyone that got their status on checking got accepted? thats what i think, u know of any case in which a person got rejected with the checking status?

Im just saying cause its like a pattern

• Like 2

Can you be awarded a scolarship in a university that wasn't't in your top 3 wishes?

@ dgenx: don't read too much into it.

Yes. I knew some classmates who went to BLCU with me and they never had it as one of their choices.

@pol_diyan wow congratulations! i heard the embassy is also planning a get-together dinner among all the successful applicants, sometime in late August before we leave. keep in touch! 

@Spinel glad to have helped, I encountered the same thing the entire week, no one was answering my calls until late Friday, and it was really a relief! andd they told me the same thing last week, that more or less i was granted already the scholarship, I just need to wait for the forms. More or less that is already an assurance that your application was successful. 

And it goes for everyone as well, i think if you recently received words of assurance from the embassy or from your school that most likely you'll get the scholarship, I think that's a good enough sign already, and we're all just waiting for the formality of things. 

I wish everyone good luck! Looking forward to more positive results in this thread.  :)

yes, it an interesting pattern allright , but if anyone knows of someone that had the checking status and not received the scholarship it would be nice to known, its better to not get our hopes too high.

Meanwhile the MOFCOM scholarship its MIA :P

Gonna try to call next week if there is any result.

Congrats to the ones who got it!

1) What is your native country? Turkey

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Turkey, although I directly submitted my application package to our Ministry of Education (MOE) 

3) When did you apply? April 01, I went to our MOE to personally hand them my application package 

4) When was the deadline? April 01 

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No 

6) What program did you apply for? Master degree

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? a 1.) Tsinghua, 2.) Beihang 3.) Beijing Uni of Technology

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Number of the Turkish Embassy in Beijing

10) Where did you get your physical done? I still havent done that

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No. Just notified by e-mail.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted, July 24

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Tsinghua University Master degree in Mechanical Engineering

17) Laihua status? Currenntly Checking

• Like 1

@valiksheva

Not yet! Admission packages are not even mentioned, as I'm still waiting just for the results from the Ministry of Education. For example, Russian scholarship recipients were announced yesterday. Therefore, I conclude that our resilts will also be known soon. I hope, next week, as the waiting becomes tense.

1) What is your native country? Philippines

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy via Commission on Higher Education

3) When did you apply? April 1

4) When was the deadline? April 15 

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes 

6) What program did you apply for? Masters Degree in Applied Economics

7) What schools did you put for your preferences?  1.)  对外经贸大学 2.) 北航大学  3.) 北京语言大学 

8) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 6081

10) Where did you get your physical done? 北京国际旅行卫生保健中心海淀分中心

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes, Philippine Embassy in Beijing

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No.

14) How were you notified? phone call

15) When were you accepted/rejected? 

April 15- I received a confirmation from our dispatching agency that I was listed as a scholarship candidate.

June 15- UIBE contacted me that i was admitted as a masters degree student and that they already sent my admission package to CSC for final approval.

July 24- I got a call from the Chinese embassy that I was granted full scholarship.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? 对外经贸大学 (University of International Business and Economics), MA in Applied Economics

17) Laihua status? still checking

Congratulations to all scholarship winners. See you in China. 

• Like 1

@valiksheva

I got the package last week. But I applied directly to universities, not through our MOE as you. Just wait a bit, in different countries one by one embassies release the results, I guess our embassy will bring happy news soon and you will be among the lucky ones. Good luck!

@ KJasin87: it means your application isn't submitted.

Here is what I found about this status:

the status Application form has been already recovered means your application data is no longer visible to your university and CSC and this is happened due to retrive option which is mentioned on your Lihua account, sometimes we mistakely click on it and then further on forget to re-submit our application. During whole process, its mandatory that your data should be available on your account. Your account must be, "your application has been already submitted" or "your form is checking", it means your data is viewable or process-able. Its my advice just click on submission button and save your application. Hopefully you understand me now.

There are feedbacks of people getting the scolarship despite this status, but I hope for you that you didn't get this status long ago otherwise it would mean that your retrieved your application and universities/CSC didn't see it.
  • Like 1

@Clef Ment.. yea I went back to check on it and it showed me this status 

Your currunt status: Application form has been already submitted.  

I contacted two of the three uni's I applied for and they said they never received my application but I sent the application packet to my embassy before the deadline. My embassy in the US is taking its time so, I'll see what happens next week.