Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@dgenx I am well aware of that. I know since I did not get a pre-admission letter I am not guaranteed a spot at my three choices. I just find it odd that it was never received at one of the universities I had connections with. If it does come back as an error on my end, It's a good learning experience. 

Any one from Poland, who appliaed through the embassy, got any reply?

I tried mailing them (all the offical emails for Edu dep doesn't work and the main embassy e-mail advised me to use them (sic!) )
I tried calling them, at land line the nice lady does not understand my chinese (which is my fault) and doesn't speak either English or Polish... so she hung up
I mailed the embassy again and got a mobile number to some guy heading the department, when he heard English he just hung up...

I don't know what to do any further contact and I will become a stalker :D

And I am trying so desperate 'cos I need to give an answer at work if I will prolong my contract and if I don't I need to train the new employee. ALso I need to take a leave at my PhD studies, all those things will take me a month at least with Polish bereaucracy.

@pol_diyan

@lambilyforever

what's the phone number of CHED? I wasn't able to get any call last Friday because I've just realized now that my phone was off :cry:

do you guys think their office will be open tomorrow? (SONA)

thanks!

@miekgda, I've encountered the same thing in terms of the language barrier with the representatives from the embassy. But one thing I learned from this whole process regarding the embassy is that, there will surely be someone who speaks the local language, probably those below the organizational level i.e. telephone operators, clerical staff, or even the local security staff there. I usually call the operator first and ask for their help to redirect me to the office in charge, preferably to someone who speaks/understands good english... 

If that doesn't work, you may also try calling the Ministry of Education (or Ministry of Foreign Affairs), maybe someone there could help you coordinate regarding the whole scholarship process/results... 

Last thing to do is really just go in the embassy until you get an answer

But I may be wrong, it may also vary per country (e.g. our embassy is located in an upscale village here in Manila. Security is really tight that you have to at least secure an appointment before you can enter the premises of the village, and then head to the embassy) 

Good luck!  :)

Any french students got an email from the embassy ?  Or call them recently ? I'm sooooo tired of waiting, as you guys I suppose  :cry:

Also, any of you received an email explaining that you haven't got the scholarship even if one of your top 3 universities contacted you to inform that you have been accepted in their university (while the final decision is in the CSC's hands..) ? I mean, Chongqing University (my first choice) told me they accept me, so I was really hopeful, but in fact I don't really know if I can count on it....

@ Luoli: no news yet, they should publish the results soon here http://www.education-ambchine.org/publish/portal116/tab5649/

I personally know that two of my choices didn't accept me / got my application. Tbh if I have the scolarship I don't really care about where I'm going.

But having no answer from any university makes me a bit pessimistic, so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up not having a scolarship.

@Clef Ment

Yes, I check this website everyday, I'm fed up with this, really... Did you try to call the embassy ?

Which university are you from ?

Oui you can be sent in another uni in China that you didn't chose so....

@ Luoli: I tried to email them last week or two weeks ago but no answer. Some embassies already published the results so it shouldn't take too long now.

C'est marrant car si je n'ai pas la bourse je pense aller à la même université qui t'a acceptée (j'ai fini les études là je ne fais qu'apprendre le Chinois).

@Clef Ment

(Je t'avais répondu mais il semble que ma réponse n'a pas été validée alors je vais faire ça en anglais)

Ok, if you don't get the scholarship you'll pay the fees to study to chongqing uni ?

Cool if they send me there I'll tell you so we can meet.

T'es d'où en France ?