Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

1) What is your native country? Indonesia

2) Where did you apply? Central China Normal University (华中师范大学)

3) When did you apply? April 14, I sent the package via express delivery service 

4) When was the deadline? April 20

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Master of Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language (汉语国际教育)

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1.) Central China Normal University (华中师范大学)

8) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 10511

10) Where did you get your physical done? At a medical clinic in Jakarta

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No.

14) How were you notified? I recieved an e-mail from CCNU on July 17, and found my name on the publication about CGS in their website.

15) When were you accepted/rejected?

In my admission notice, it's written that I got accepted to the university on June 8, 2015.16) What school and program were you accepted to? Tianjin Normal University, One Year Language Program   8) 

17) Laihua status? Don't know, I forgot my account and password. Is is important?

Does anyone here know is it okay to come late for the registration if we already get the permission by email to come late to China? Thanks.

• Like 1

I finally got the full scholarship to study in Central China Normal University, and the registration scheduled on September 3-4. I have a problem here since I should attend a national competition in my native country, Indonesia on September 6-13. It doesn't seem possible for me to go to China, go back to Indonesia, and back to China again in a short time. I already sent an email to the campus asking permission to come late to China, and they just said "Pls register no later than 20th of Sept. ,or your scholarship will be canceled." I will be in China on September 14, but I'm still afraid of the scholarship cancelation. And they don't say what kind of supporting documents that I should prepare and bring due to this tardiness. Does anyone here can give me a solution? Thanks in advance.

1) What is your native country? Finland

2) Where did you apply? 1. Tsinghua University, 2. Beijing Normal University, 3. Beijing Jiaotong University

3) When did you apply? March 15th

4) When was the deadline? March 16th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes, 2 years ago. I got the scholarship but I didn't take it back then

6) What program did you apply for? Industrial Engineering in Chinese

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Tsinghua University, 2. Beijing Normal University, 3. Beijing Jiaotong University

8) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes, I got pre-admissions letters from all the universities

9) What agency number did you use? 2461

10) Where did you get your physical done? In Beijing

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, from all the schools that I applied

14) How were you notified? I received an e-mail from Finnish education ministry on July 24th that I got the scholarship

15) When were you accepted/rejected? In my admission letter from CSC I got accepted in early May

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Tsinghua University Industrial Engineering in English (not in Chinese as I wanted to)

17) Laihua status? I don't know, I forgot the password and could't retrieve it.

• Like 1

1) What is your native country? USA

2) Where did you apply? US Embassy

3) When did you apply? March 15th

4) When was the deadline? April 15th-ish?

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? 2 year language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Anshan Normal University 2. Dalian University of Foreign Languages 3. Zhejiang University of Science and Technology

8) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes, to ANU and ZUST

9) What agency number did you use? 8401 - US Embassy in DC

10) Where did you get your physical done? My family doctor

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes.. like.. even docs I didn't need to.

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, from ANU and ZUST

14) How were you notified? I received an e-mail from Ms Guan at the US Embassy, I am waiting for my admission materials

15) When were you accepted/rejected? 7/27 I was notified via email

16) What school and program were you accepted to? ANU - 2 year language program, exactly as I wanted!

17) Laihua status? checking

• Like 1

@Tumi

Good Luck… I applied to Beihang Uni, Beijing Jiaotong Uni as well as Harbin Institute of Technology. Which Unis did you apply to?

@stanislasdecourbel

Haven't heard of anyone that was recommended by the embassy being turned down for the Scholarship. I applied to Beihang Uni, Beijing Jiaotong Uni as well as Harbin Institute of Technology

• Like 1

I think anyone who was recommended by the embassy is sure to get the scholarship. The CSC reps even told me that they base their decision from the embassy's referrals (at least for those who are applying under the bilateral program). 

• Like 1

YAY! The embassy called and I went to go fetch my admission letter today :)

@tobz I had applied to Shanghai Uni of Finance and Economics, Renmin Uni of China and Zhejiang Normal University. I got accepted by Zhejian Normal Uni. It seems as though the other two universities stopped offering Masters in Marketing as an English-taught program!Good luck by the way!

@stanislasdecourbel, it's the first I hear of that hey. Good luck though!

guys, i guess most of you have gotten your admission letter and that's awesome!!!. I guess Peru is the only south american country which haven't get any results yet. Does anyone is still waiting for it in other countries?