Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

1) What is your native country? Peru 

2) Where did you apply? China Ministry of Commerce in Peru ( MOFCOM )

3) When did you apply? June 12th

4) When was the deadline? June 15th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes

6) What program did you apply for? Master in chinese culture and language 

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Fudan University , Zhejiang University, Xian Jaiotong university

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 01000

10) Where did you get your physical done? Local Hospital

11) Did you get your documents notarized?yes

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? No , who knows :(

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No

14) How were you notified?Called the chinese embassy in Lima, they asked me for my name and then told me nope

15) When were you accepted/rejected? August 10th

16) What school and program were you accepted to? lol

17) Laihua status? The application form is currently checking.

so, this is it... Thanks to everyone for the help and  patience for the guys like me!

And yes, everyone was right! the checkin status means nothing :( 

this wont be a happy bday

• Like 1

• New Members

1) What is your native country? Switzerland
2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Bern
3) When did you apply? March 2nd
4) When was the deadline? March 6th
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? 1 year Chinese + Master's Degree in International Economics
7) What schools did you put for your preferences?  1) Peking University, 2) Fudan University, 3) Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes
9) What agency number did you use? 7561 (Chinese Embassy in Switzerland)
10) Where did you get your physical done? Family Physician
11) Did you get your documents notarized? No
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, Peking University and SHUFE
14) How were you notified? Received admission documents in the mail
15) When were you accepted/rejected? Received documents on July 29th
16) What school and program were you accepted to? Peking University, 1 year Chinese + Master's Degree in International Economics
17) Laihua status? The application form is currently checking.

@ Toro

Do you know if we can enter our dorm before the registration date? I'll arrive in Beijing on September 2nd and I'm supposed to register on the 4th, so I'm wondering if I should book a hostel for the two nights in between.

• Like 1

I recently asked Mr. Duncan about the results for the OAS China Scholarship, and he answered this:

Dear Kerstin,

Thank you for your email.

Please note that the result is posted on the OAS Scholarship website.

Regards,

So, for the ones that apply through the OAS, it means what? Are these the final results or?

To anyone who got the MOFCOM scholarship,  I received an email with scans of my admission letter and jw202,  but I asked my embassy and they said to get the visa i have to get the original ones, anyone received the docuemtns?

also how is the plane ticket managed? who reserves it?

I really would like to understand this...

Reading the forum I learn that the results were posted in the office in Nanjing Agricultural University in June, and some people already found out by friends that they were not accepted. The uni said in the website though that they would sent the packages by the end of July.

The thing should arrive to an Indian address, that is why if they sent at the end of July I have hope, but if they sent them in June… then no way. It would be bliss to know so I can book flight tickets that way or get back to Italy, they are only getting more expensive every day. Anybody has a clue please?

Also, finally the woman answered the phone, with an attitude of don-tever-call-me-again she would not tell me if my name is in the list or not, she only half-yelled: No! if you didn't receive anything by now you are not accepted!" that doesn't mean a thing to me since I have no confidence on the speed of India post…

sigh*.. oh China, so cool and yet so tough

• New Members

Hey everyone!

I'm interested in studying in China but in the next year (or year after next) over Chinese government scholarship but I would need help of someone who is fluent with chinese or is studying there and is able to assist me with something.

I'm interested in doing PhD in Russian at CCNU in Wuhan, but it seems that I cant find the list of subject and curriculums and informations what all PhD students have to do in their 3 years of study.

Here is the ling for desired faculty (http://wy.ccnu.edu.cn/en/research/russian/), it's on english but I belive that in chinese there are more informations which I cant'found because my chrome is translating nonsens and I have trouble finding list of courses (as we in EU universities have). Could anyone help me with that?

Thank you!

Dear all,

I got an email from Mofcom, Beijing office that they have modified me to the University of International Business and Economics,Beijing and have sent related documents to the mofcom office in my country. I know that I was also addmited to Shaghai Jiao Tong University (I got an email from SJTU) but I don't know why, but Mofcom doesn't want to reconsider their decision regarding the university, and insist in their decision regarding the university(UIBE, Beijing)......

Is any of you aware of this university - University of International business and Economics/UIBE,Beijing? Is it a good university? What do you recommend, should I accept this offer?

:wall

Regards,

Nargiz

• Like 1

• New Members

1) What is your native country? USA

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Washington, D.C.

3) When did you apply? March 10, 2015

4) When was the deadline? April 30, 2015

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Master of Business Administration 

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Tsinghua University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? 8401

10) Where did you get your physical done? Local Medical Clinic

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes (local notary notarized copies of transcripts)

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, and I signed a document (in December) indicating my acceptance of the admission offer, but my “official” Admission Notice was part of the documentation that came later from the Embassy rather than from the University

14) How were you notified? “Award Letter” (of “candidacy”) came by email on April 15; I received word of my scholarship status from the University around July 15; email from Chinese Embassy requesting my mailing address came through on July 27; and package with physical “Admission Notice” and JW202 (visa application form) arrived on August 8.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? See above question; not sure which best constitutes the date of acceptance.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Tsinghua-MIT Global MBA Program

17) Laihua status? “The application form is currently checking.”

• Like 1

@dgenx

Hi dgenx, actually I didn't ask anything about ticket. Now I am waiting for the documents which should arrive to the Mofcom office in my country during next 15 days(hopefully). I think all needed information will be written in that documents..

Anyone, has anyone heard any feedback about UIBE (University of International Business and Economics,Beijing)?