Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

@NargizT send me a PM please.

@Klang I guess they wouldn't require it anymore. Though they might ask you for IELTS or some English certificate though.

@lambilyforever I have a Thai friend who is going to Nankai Uni on Sept 9. She also got scared for the blast.

1) What is your native country? USA
2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Washington DC
3) When did you apply? Late March
4) When was the deadline? Don't remember
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? 1 year Chinese + Master's Degree in Ancient Chinese Literature
7) What schools did you put for your preferences?  1) Xinjiang University 2) Yunnan University 3) Fudan University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No
9) What agency number did you use? Don't remember 
10) Where did you get your physical done? Immediate Care
11) Did you get your documents notarized? Only transcripts 
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No
14) How were you notified? Received admission note/JW202 form for visa in mail
15) When were you accepted/rejected? Received documents on August 8th
16) What school and program were you accepted to? Yunnan University, 1 year Chinese + Master's Degree in Ancient Chinese Literature (Xinjiang never answered my emails or phone calls)
17) Laihua status? No idea, haven't looked at the online app portion since submitting

• Like 2

1) What is your native country? Serbia
2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Serbia, directly to ZNUFE and CUPL respectively
3) When did you apply? Late March for Chinese University Program and early April for Bilateral Program
4) When was the deadline? for Bilateral Program it was April 20th 
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes, for CIS in 2012
6) What program did you apply for?  Master's Degree in International Law, taught in English at ZNUFE and Master`s Degree in International Relations, taught in Chinese at CUPL and through the embassy
7) What schools did you put for your preferences?  Bilateral Program: 1) GDUFS 2) CUPL 3) ZNUFE, directly to ZNUFE: 1 ZNUFE, 2 /, 3/  and directly to CUPL: 1 CUPL, 2 GDUFS, 3 Hubei University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes, for GDUFS and I was awarded a pre-admission letter
9) What agency number did you use? Don't remember
10) Where did you get your physical done?  public clinic
11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes, the date on the Admission Notice is May 11th 
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? No
14) How were you notified? Received an email from the MOE of Serbia
15) When were you accepted/rejected? Received documents on August 14th
16) What school and program were you accepted to? GDUFS, Master`s Degree in International Relations, taught in Chinese, 3 years, Bilateral Program
17) Laihua status?  'checking'

• Like 2

We were 7. Fortunately 6 of my fellows have called to go to the Chinese Consulate Office to finalize other formalities. Next week they will fly to China.

Oh, its Only ME left in the list... My LORD i am asking for your Miracles....

We were 7. Fortunately 6 of my fellows have called to go to the Chinese Consulate Office to finalize other formalities. Next week they will fly to China.

Oh, its Only ME left in the list... My LORD i am asking for your Miracles....

hey everyone. I just have a concern regarding our stipend. 

So registration in Tianjin normal Uni is on 07 Sept until 09 September. Classes will officially start a week after that. I would just like to know if the first round of stipend/allowance would be given during the registration (sept 07-sept09). I asked my university about this and they don't know the exact date as well. 

My apologies if this question has been asked before. Grateful for your responses. Thanks!  :)

@lambilyforever according to the research I've conducted, the first and second stipends will both be received in October (there is always a delay with the first payment) which is why all students are advised to arrive with enough cash to get them through the first month (September)

@yussuf and JDF and klang and lambilyforever

Most of the government scholarship programs in the world (UK's Chevening, US' Fulbright, Australia's ADS, Indonesia's LPDP) apply a "settlement fees", and China -- according to my knowledge -- is no exception. This means your stipend is normally doubled during the first month of your arrival in China, to help you in the adjustment of your new life i.e hotels, new goods, others. I have never heard that the stipend would be delayed so that you would only receive it on the second month. That would be somewhat unprofessional. At least they would give you full at the first month to help you with the settlement process.

I am accepted by PKU and, based on my discussion with other CSC recipients, the stipend would be given not so long after the registration day. They are supposed to make me a Bank of China account, with the money transferred there every month. 

When I did the CIC scholarship the first payment was delayed. So I think this is quite common. This did cause some problems for students who had stupidly arrived with absolutely no money or very little, so everybody should definitely have something to live off to begin with. I believe universities have different procedures, some you will go to an office to collect it, others it will be paid directly to a bank account. In my experience it was a bank account so they had to wait for all scholarship students to set up their accounts before they would pay everybody. On a fairly regular basis our payments would be late as well. (One student just left the course and wouldn't contact the university and they wouldn't pay anyone else until the matter was resolved. We would have to pester the staff constantly to get the money paid, I can barely remember a single month that it was paid on time, sometimes they would pay one instalment so late we would just receive two if for example responsible staff were on holiday. I'm sure this wouldn't be the case at all universities but I would advise everybody to have enough money to begin with. You will have your accommodation and other essential costs are fairly limited if you live frugally.

• Like 1

Hi everyone. Let em copy and paste the conditions from the CSC Application Form:

"Scholarship students shall receive their monthly allowance after registration. New students who register before 15th(15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount of that month"

This year's application form is different from last years one. It seems as though we won't be getting a settlement allowance. 

• New Members

Hi, i am new to this forum. I have an inquiry regarding the application that I will most likely fill in the next term (feb2016/apr2016). If i am in the wrong topic could someone please address me to the right one?

I was reading the requirements of the master's scholarship and I noticed that I have to hold a bachelor at the moment of the application.

I would get my bachelor in april next year so it would too late for the application. Am I mistaken or can I also apply without a bachelor at the moment of the request? 

Best of luck to everybody