Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Guys, I'm in dilemma. Is it possible to change the subject (Course) after being awarded scholarship? I am planning to change the course under same university if it's possible. Thanks

@lambilyforever I'm going to Tianjin. Don't worry. I have lots of friends over there. If you use Wechat then you can join the group called Tianjin expats (It has over 400 people from all around the world living In Tianjin) So, It'll help you. Thanks and have a nice day

@Ampicillin From what my uni told me about changing subjects, it's relatively easy for Bach, harder for Masters and Ph.D. I would say ask your uni and the person who's in charge of the CGS, they should be the ones that know best.

@BanZhiYun, Thank you :) I'll talk to my university. I believe it will require letter from professor from the field I want to go. Once I arrive In China I'll talk to professor. Thank you

I have received a text message from a certain University said that I am admitted to their University and they have sent a notification email to my dispatching authority since July but NO REPLY..

I checked with Consulate office in my country, they have not received such an email.

I checked with Ministry of Finance, Minisry of Education, but non of them received such email...

I called back to that Uni they dont answer my phone, and when they answer they said " please check with your embassy"..

It is almost two weeks... no clear answer.

Guys... what is your suggestions!!

Good Day guys,

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and has received their admission packages.

Also, for those still waiting for the results, may it be a positive response.

I also would like to thank everyone including all the seniors/those already on ground here in China for their input and answers to the many questions and requests, you have all got a big heart.

Finally, if any of you is coming to Jinan in Shandong province, please feel free to drop a message so we can see if it is possible for us to meet here in Jinan. I am currently studying here. There are holidays coming up, so we can hang out a bit before classes get serious.

Peace!!!

Mazi

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

I'd like to know if anyone who applied through the OAS has already recieved their package to apply to the student visa, I'm still waiting for mine, but I'd like to know what curier the documents were sent with, so I can call them to know how much til the documents arrived here, as the registration for Wuhan University is during September 7 to 11. 

By the way, how are you all doing with the accommodation?

Thanks  lot for your answers :)

1) What is your native country? Guatemala 
2) Where did you apply? OAS in Washington DC
3) When did you apply? April 1st
4) When was the deadline? April 15
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? 1 year Chinese + Master's Degree in Oncology
7) What schools did you put for your preferences?  1) Zhejiang University 2) Wuhan University 3) Huazhong University of Science and Technology
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No
9) What agency number did you use? Don't remember 
10) Where did you get your physical done? Don't remember 
11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? I had one pre-admission letter.
14) How were you notified? E-mail from the OAS with a scanned copy of the original documents on Aug 18.
15) When were you accepted/rejected? According to the original documents on June 29.
16) What school and program were you accepted to? Wuhan University, Master's Degree in Oncology
17) Laihua status? The application form is currently checking.

• Like 2

Hey, I am a scholarship recipient of the CSC Scholarship. I was wondering…on my admission letter, it says that I will study as a General Advanced Student in Chinese Language taught in Chinese. Will I be able to take the English courses provided at Fudan University while i am there? I am a non-degree student and I need to transfer my credits back to my home university. Will that be possible for me? 

I am also studying abroad through my university in the United States and I just found out today that it is conflicting with their program and the CSC Scholarship program and I have to choose pretty much one or the other. 

CSC would be easier since I would be going for free, but I am not sure if I would be able to take the necessary classes to graduate my home school in time. 

I am leaving in 5 days and this is very overwhelming. 

1) What is your native country? The Bahamas
2) Where did you apply? Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Bahamas)
3) When did you apply? March
4) When was the deadline? March 3rd
6) What program did you apply for? Chinese language + Bachelor's Degree
7) What schools did you put for your preferences?  1) Communication University of China, 2) Shanghai University, 3) Hunan University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No 
9) What agency number did you use? I don't remember 
10) Where did you get your physical done? Government Clinic
11) Did you get your documents notarized? Yes
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Pre-admission letters, I received one from Hunan and one from Shanghai Uni
14) How were you notified? Email
15) When were you accepted/rejected?  I received notification from the chinese embassy in my country on May 30th that I as a recipient but didn't receive my official letter/visa form until July 27th
16) What school and program were you accepted to? 1 year language learning in Nanjing Normal University + Bachelor's in Tv broadcast and Directing at Shanghai University
17) Laihua status? I haven't been able to sign back in for months

If there's anyone going to Nanjing who'd like to meet up or talk, feel free to message me!

• Like 1

@Ampicilin I emailed CSC directly about the change of major. As long as the course has (1) the same study duration with the one that was initially granted to you and (2) you are going to take the course at the same university,  then it is possible to change your major.  I was going to do my Masters in Applied Economics but I decided to change it to MA in International Relations a week prior to registration. Good luck!

Anyone going to University of International Business and Economics? 

pol_diyan  Hi. If the University is the one in Beijing then I am also going to UIBE for my MBA this September. By the way are you a Mofcom scholarship receiver, do you have any information regarding the tickets that they should buy for us?

And, have you already booked a room in the dorm? I haven't been able to book a room unfortunately because the online registration program is not functioning and the related staff of the university is on vacation.:(

@NargizT Yes UIBE in Beijing. Sorry I'm a scholarship recipient through CGS-Bilateral Program. No tickets for me. I got here three days ago to process the change of my major. I also made reservation online  but they don't really care about that. If you're a scholarship winner, there should be a reserved room for you. I was lucky because they put me at Huide Apartment which was the one I tried to book . Btw, Today was the orientation for new international students for Masters degree. Hope to see you around. Sent you a direct message. 

@ JAH

please call Economic & Commercial Office of Chinese embassy in Dar es Salaam - Tanzania

Consular Office
Office Hours: 9:00-11:00 Monday-Friday
Tel: +255-22-2668064, 2668063

Administrative Office Tel: +255-22-2668063
Cultural Office Tel: +255-22-2666298
Research Office Tel: +255-22-2667212

Economic & Commercial Office
Address: Plot No.362B-363A, Msasani road, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255-22-2666299, 2667524, 2667585
Fax: +255-22-2666177
Email: tz@mofcom.gov.cn

1) What is your native country? Australia
2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy, Canberra
3) When did you apply? end of March
4) When was the deadline? April 1
6) What program did you apply for? Chinese Language Program
7) What schools did you put for your preferences?  1) Peking University 2) Renmin University, 3) Communication University of China
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes, I applied for Peking Uni privately around the same time
9) What agency number did you use? Aus embassy
10) Where did you get your physical done? Local clinics
11) Did you get your documents notarized? Not notarised, only had the uni documents certified by the university. in Australia notarising costs many $$$$
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)?  I got a pre-admission letter from Peking Uni because i applied privately, but it didn't arrive early enough for me to put it in my scholarship application.i believe it was forwarded to CSC by my embassy contact at a later date, after i already handed in my scholarship app
14) How were you notified? Email
15) When were you accepted/rejected?  I received notification from the chinese embassy in late April that I was a recipient (and was given my Award Letter) but didn't receive notification of which university or my official letter/visa form until late July
16) What school and program were you accepted to? 1 year language learning in Peking University
17) Laihua status? I never actually checked...as it doesnt seem to be accurate for many people

• Like 2