Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

I don't understand.

http://www.chinamission.be/eng/zglx/t1234686.htm

It is said to send your application to the "Mission of P.R. China to EU in Brussels, Belgium". But I thought you were supposed to send your application to the Chinese embassy of your country.

I am French, where should I send it? I put the Chinese Embassy in France as the agency in my application.

I have another question, again regarding the FPEF. Everything I can find says it is necessary for the Visa application. However, this page http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/newsdetailen.aspx?cid=66&id=3074 lists it as necesarry for students staying more tahn 6 months to submit it with your application. So do I need it to apply, or to get a visa?

Does anyone know if current self-supporting students are eligible to apply for the CSC? I have a friend who is eager to apply, but is unaware of the procedure and if it differs from that of prospective students...or if it is even possible.

@Clef Ment

How many spots do you have in France? The EU Window has 200 spots (minus the fixed quota of those who had applied for Master's Degree before) for all EU countries. You should measure your chances. In the past, mostly Central/Eastern European won the EU Window spots (but not exclusively - there were a lot of Spanish/Portuguese/French/Italian names on the awardee lists as well). Moreover, do you know how the selection criteria works in France? (because bilateral programs can differ from the EU Window, e.g. in my home country, students from certain universities and educational background can apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship exclusively, and every university has a certain number of spots from the national quota). If there are no such restrictions in France, then you can go for the bilateral programs, if there are, then go for the EU Window, that one is quite straightforward.

@Satirical

If I remember correctly, CSC only covers programs which take one year or more (at least there were no such programs two years ago). So you need the FPEF, because your visa will be converted to a residence permit in China.

@shuoshuo

Are you referring to students who are currently studying in China in a language program, but they pay their own tution, housing, etc.? If you are, then the answer is yes. It is quite a common tactic, especially among Russian students to study in China for a year on their parent's money, and then apply for a language scholarship/degree program scholarship. The process is the same.

@ZhangKaiRong I'm planning to study for 3-4 years, so I will definitely need the form, I'm just unclear about where it's posted so that I can give it to my doctor, (seperate from my earlier question) and whether I need it for the CSC application or for my visa application, or both.

@Clef Ment

90 spots sounds quite okay, go for it. The EU Window net quota is getting less and less every year since they handed a lot of Master's degree scholarships which eats up spots the following years. Do you have a national scholarship committee in France that collects scholarship opportunities and decide on the bilateral spots? If there is, contact them and ask about eligibility.

@Satirical

Yes, it is necessary for the application and the visa request. You will also need this for converting your visa to residence permit once you're in China. However, the necessary extent of detailed attachments on FPEF used for application purposes only is highly debated here (as you might have read this in the previous posts). The link shinigami gave you has the right FPEF, use that one.

@Clef Ment

In my country - and most of the neighbouring coutnries - have a scholarship committees, which works as a foundation/governmental organization, and they are entrusted to decide on the bilateral scholarship recipients, as well as collecting other scholarship opportunities and distribute it to the public. It's possible that in France there is no such organization, and you can apply directly to the Chinese embassy and they decide on whose application package should be forwarded to CSC. In this case, contact your Chinese embassy. Giving them a phone call should be the fastest way. However, I suppose if the embassy decides on the scholarship, then you should be eligible, and the process should be roughly the same as in the EU window.

• Like 1

Hi everybody!

I am a scholarship student of chinese of EU Window program and currently studying in Zhejiang Normal University for one year.

This year I decided to apply for master's degree, but I haven't pass HSK 5 but I am planning to do this in May.

Do you know if universities can consider my application without HSK certificate for master's degree? (assuming that I can send the certificate in June)

@Karina - Last year my uni also required me to pass HSK5 but I had planned to sit the May paper (so my results would have been available on June and not earlier). For my application, I made the head of my programme at the Confucius Institute of the university write a letter, confirming that I will be sitting for the paper later and so the results will not be available for the scholarship application. My university accepted this document. So I guess it depends on whether your uni accepts your status. If you're able to obtain the pre-admissions notice, there shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

That's why I am confused. I know there is the  Bilateral Program which means Romanian CHinese Governmental SCholarship and only Chinese Governmental Scholarship. If I want to apply only for the CGS should I contact the Chinese Embassy in my country?That's the dispatching authority?