Chinese-Forums

"agent no."

nzcnzcn

Hey everybody,

I'm aware that this information is most probably posted somewhere, but I really couldn't find it.

So, last year I was in China on this "bilateral language course", I found information about it at my Uni and all I have to do was to say that I'm willing to go. They gave me everything needed, invitation, agent number and so on. Now I wanted to go all by myself. I wrote to one university in China and they answered to me: "if you want to apply for the Chinese government scholarship,first,you must figure out the organization where will provide your Agent NO. (THey will tell you how to apply Chinese government scholarship--Bilateral Program)" and since now I want to go all by myself I don't really know to whom should I talk to. To embassy? Or to my University? What is this "agent no." in general? Thanks for any help.

You have to decide whether you want to apply directly at the university or through your embassy through a bilateral scholarship. There is no "by myself" option. Not all universities have their own spots for scholarship students, and if they have, it is possible that they don't want to give you one since you're an outsider. Which university have you contacted with?

Alternatively, you can contact your home country's Chinese embassy for more info on bilateral scholarships, and you can even ask if you're eligible or not to apply for it.

• Like 1

What a pity that I live in a country so irrelevant, that Chinese embassy don't give a sh*t and don't bother to answer my mail 

It has nothing to do with what country you are in. Chinese (and other) embassies are well-known for not replying to emails. In fact, emailing any Chinese organisation is usually a waste of time.

• Like 1

@nzcnznc

I see that you're from Poland - are you a Polish citizen? There is a scholarship program called "EU Window", you can apply for that one (you can apply for language scholarship or degree programs), and based on past years' experience, for some odd reasons, Central Eastern Europeans have a higher chance to be an awardee. You have to apply for the scholarship at the China embassy dedicated to the EU, located in Brussels. Their agency code is 00006. Hope this helped :)

• Like 1