Chinese-Forums

Funny and cute: 潮童天下

edelweis

潮童天下 is a funny and cute show on Shanghai Star (东方卫视), available on the "Great Wall" Chinese channels in some European countries.

The host interviews little kids and asks about their family, hobbies, school life etc.

Then the kids show off a talent of theirs (dancing, singing, solving 魔方...)

(Reminds me very much of a similar show on French TV when I was a kid!)

As there is often some repetition, as the host repeats or rephrases the kid's sentences or asks for more details, I find it teaches some basic everyday words almost effortlessly.

Anyway, good for a laugh too. (better than cat fail videos because cats don't speak Chinese).

• Like 1

I'm kinda put off by the “quirky” sound effects... I mean, plenty of Chinese reality/comedy shows overuse them for no good reason, but it seems like this one is averaging about one pointless sound effect per second (not exaggerating). And that was before they added the laugh track.

When I read your post I couldn't remember ever hearing those sound effects except for the occasional 咦 chorus.

Well it seems I had somehow reached a point where I was tuning out everything that wasn't a human voice.

But I'm hearing them alright now that you mentioned them :evil: